CHAPTER: 52| BETWEEN US (PART-2)

Start from the beginning

Laiba felt her heart racing with anticipation, "Is this-" She braved herself to ask him the question which was nagging in her mind, "Is this about Zeeshan?" She managed to let it out.

He scratched his left brow with a finger, "Maybe."

She pressed her lips together, her chest tightening.

"I need to know what happened when Zeeshan visited your town two years ago." He added after a while.

Laiba stiffened.

Aariz clarified further, "I know I said once I don't wanna get involved in whatever problems you and Zeeshan had or still have with each other but-," He paused, "I just realised I might had missed something I shouldn't had."

Her eyes followed his moments as he ran a hand through his hair and then down his face before dropping it between his legs.

"I could easily make Zeeshan talk but-" He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and joining his hands in front of him, "I think there are somethings that he has kept from me. Things he didn't want me to know and things I should know." He tapped a finger on the table between them, "So how about you tell me your side of the story first and let me figure out the rest?"

All she could do right then was stare at him.

It was apparent how unprepared she was for this moment.

She never in a million years thought Aariz would want to know about her past.

After what felt like an hour, when Laiba finally found her voice, she asked him only one question.

"Wh-why?" Her voice came out all broken, "Why now?" That was all she could think of and that was all she could ask him at the moment.

"I told you I'm trying to figure out something." Was his answer.

She took an another minute to contemplate.

Laiba didn't know what his intentions were or why he wanted to know anything about her past but opening up to someone was not something that came easy to her.

Especially, when she barely has any connection with that person.

She thought something and asked him right away, "If I tell you, what are you gonna do about it?"

"About what?"

"About the truth?"

"Guess, we'll find out then."

She sank deeper into the sofa.

She could feel it. She was already given in.

Was she really going to tell him? She couldn't believe it.

Of course, she could always refuse but would that stop Aariz from finding out the truth?

Something told her he will find out one way or the other if he wanted to.

So she thought it was better to tell him her story herself then to have somebody else tell him that.

After much contemplation, Laiba sighed in defeat, deciding on telling him whatever he wanted to know.

"What do you want me to tell you?" It required her to conjure a lot of courage from within herself to make up her mind.