twenty seven | because the night

Start from the beginning

After sighing to himself, Stefan said, "Look, Caroline, as much as I would love to have Annabelle as far from this place as possible, we do need all the help we could get." Just as Caroline was about to argue with him, he said, "Besides out of everyone in their family, Annabelle and Klaus are the strongest ones in their family. It would be stupid to not get their help with this sort of thing."

With a scoff, Caroline turned her head to look away from Stefan, just in time to see that Annabelle was mockingly waving at her with a plastered grin on her face.

* * *

With a sigh, Annabelle tilted her head and watched Klaus pour himself a glass of scotch, while he said to Stefan, "So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?"

While Annabelle only chuckled to herself as she shook her head to herself, Stefan said to Klaus, "It's not Elena." After glancing over at Annabelle, he asked, "And what makes you think it wasn't Annabelle? I mean, you and I both know that Annabelle doesn't exactly have complete control of herself when it comes to human blood. What makes you so sure it wasn't her? I mean, after all, she came in here with a blood bag in hand."

Klaus sighed before he said to Stefan, "Yeah, that's the thing about Annabelle. She doesn't indulge herself in human blood from blood bags unless she considers it to be completely and utterly necessary, and the last time she did that, aside from today, was when both me and Annabelle were trapped inside of the Gilbert living room while you lot went on a treasure hunt of your own in your attempt of finding the cure. But unfortunately for you lot, Katerina had gotten to it first, which made your hunt for the cure and the murder of our brother, Kol, to be completely and utterly meaningless."

It was then that Annabelle's hands had clenched into fists, which got her veins to come onto display.

As a result of Annabelle's reaction upon hearing Kol's name be mentioned, Stefan simply eyed the unstable Original and took a step back, while Klaus said to him, "Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas." As he sat down onto the couch and beside Annabelle, he said, "I'm struggling to see how this affects me and Annabelle."

Stefan told him, "Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side."

Klaus replied, "How Shakespearian."

While Klaus started to drink out of his glass, Stefan said, "But if he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side."

It was then that Caroline had said to the two Originals, "That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you two personally killed. Care yet?"

In response to Caroline's words, Annabelle slowly tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at Caroline.

Just as she was about to get up out of her seat and go towards the youngest vampire, Klaus grabbed Annabelle by the arm and said to Stefan and Caroline, "My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?"

Stefan told him, "Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

After ripping her arm out of Klaus's grasp, Annabelle said, "Oh, do we?"

With a scoff, Caroline looked over at Annabelle and said, "Yeah, we do. Or would you rather your parents come back and try to kill you again?"