C H A P T E R 1

(Y/n's pov)

"Oi! Kakushi! We need you." Yelled a Hashira.

I turned my head quickly and ran towards Sanemi, the wind pillar.

I had always questioned the other Kakushis' on why they found the Hashira's terrifying. They weren't really a threat or anything. The Hashira are the nine strongest, most skilled, and powerful combatants of the Demom Slayer Corps.

-Backstory-

As a kid, my parents left me all alone.

Weak, feeble, puny.

If Oyakata-sama hadn't found me, I would've been froze to death in the fluffy, but cold, snow.

Of course, even though I was trained, I wasn't able to reach the pillars' strength, so my only option was to become a Kakushi.

-Present-

For those who don't know who the Kakushi were, we are a brigade of people who work as attendants to the Demon Slayer Corps. Some of us are Demon Slayers who have been injured and retire, but there are also others who failed to pass the Final Selection.

We wear black versions of the standard Demom Slayer uniforms consisting of a gakuran jacket and hakama pants, along with a black head covering and a black and white masks, which kept our identities unknown.

Only Oyakata-sama has seen my face. Ever since, I wore my covering.

Now, me and Goto, another Kakushi, are carrying a boy and a box to the Butterfly Mansion.

This boy, Tanjiro I think was his name, I heard he was an amazing fighter, yet in the most tough times, he manages to find a way to get out of it. He does it for his sister,

I wish I had someone caring for me like that, but it's too late to turn around.

I made a quick stop and left.

Goto got pulled behind because he carried Tanjiro and there was some commotion.

I didn't bother to stay nor listen. I didn't talk much either. There wasn't anything for me to really talk about.

As I walked slowly in the forest, dragging my feet, I noticed one of the pillars' home.

Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Pillar.

He was quiet like me.

His appearance always caught my attention.

I took a few glances at his glittery teal eyes, which I shouldn't have.

He saw me right after.

"Sorry." I said bowing in respect.

Just as I was about to continue my walk through the forest, I felt something tug on my wrist.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Actually I needed some help with something." The boy replied. "I have to head to a mission later, so could you help and organize the garden?"