Chapter 16: Turns Out Robocop's A Real Jerk

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

A/N: Guess who's back, back again. Psst! Angst and teeny swearing ahead, prepare yourselves.

Five Days Later...

October 10, 2015

66 Avenue Victor Hugo, Paris, France

1:15 a.m.

Tears start to pool in his eyes. "Berry Bear, why couldn't you save me?"

"Kit Kat, I-"

"You have the power to heal," he hisses, wincing as the gashes on his body start to bleed out. "Why didn't you use it?"

"Cat Noir-"

His emeralds turn black as coal. His voice turns demonic and raspy. His teeth turn into sharp, vicious, bloodthirsty fangs as he trudges towards me. 

"You failed us. Why didn't you save us? Why didn't you save your dad?"

Tears start streaming down my cheeks. "Please, don't-"

His claws lunge at my throat. "How could you do this to us?!"

The scream that emanates from my dream echoes into reality as I bolt upright in bed. Sweat's collected in beads all over my body. My breathing's become jagged and uneven. 

The first thing I see are big chocolate brown eyes, wide and worried. 

"Calm down, it's okay," Mato whispers. "I'm here. I'm right here."

My blood pounds loudly in my ears. I shakily push myself against the wall behind me. "But h-he...I saw...they both-"

She gently pats my cheek. "Look at me. It's-hey, stop it," she commands as she holds my cheek and forces me to meet her eyes. "Look at me. Breathe. Breathe."

Holding back the tears stinging my eyes, I frantically take deep gulps of air to control my panicking heart, trying to calm down.

"It was the same nightmare again, wasn't it?" she asks. 

"No," I lie.

She lets go of my cheek as her eyes narrow. "(Y/n) Kai Roseberry," she glowers. "I know you're scared, but you need to let us help you."

"Mato, I'm not scared, I-"

"Stop. Tell me what's going on or I'll find out myself," she demands. 

Even though her eyes are fierce and intimidating, there's a sympathetic sadness hiding behind them, like she knows what I'm going through.

Just then, Mom bursts into the room in her vintage The Rocky Horror Picture Show pajamas with her Glock 22 carefully raised. And like me, her bedhead's kicking in, making her hair sticking up like Hagrid's. If I wasn't ready to have a complete breakdown, I would've found this hilarious.