Chapter 11: Sherlock Holmes Would Be Proud

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

Three Days Later...

September 20, 2015

Collège Françoise Dupont, Paris, France

2:05 p.m.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that." 

"What? You saw it when she pulled it out of her locker!" Alya retorts. "That means something!"

"Alya, do you really think a superhero would carry their weapons around with them? Especially to school?" I shoot back as we head to the school's front doors. 

"Maybe! And besides, how else do you explain the fact Chloe has the exact same yo-yo as Ladybug?"

"Simple. Merchandising," I point out. "People see Ladybug's yo-yo or Cat Noir's staff or Makwa's daggers and immediately start punching out toys." 

I shudder. "Hopefully if someone makes toys based off Makwa, those daggers aren't authentic enough to kill anyone."

Alya raises an eyebrow. "Is that why you have the exact same pendant as Makwa?"

Damn it. This girl is good. Way too good. Sherlock Holmes would be proud. 

I shake my head. "No. Makwa's pendant is purple. Mine is silver."

She crosses her arms as she observes me with a raised eyebrow. "Same bear shape, same three beads on either side of that bear, same two feathers on the bottom of it. If you ask me, that's pretty suspicious."

I sigh. I'm gonna have to work extra hard now.

"Centuries ago, the Pit River tribe had a necklace that looked just like hers that they passed down generation to generation," I explain. "My mom had one of them, and then passed it down to me last year. You trying to say she was a superhero too?" 

"Who knows? She might've been." Alya protests. "If your mom's pendant looks the same as Makwa's, it would explain why Makwa's outfit looks like it was created by the Native Americans. Her beaded belt, her moccasins, her gloves, her hair, the dagger sheaths, it all looks Indigenous."

Shit. 

"Uh," I stutter. "I don't know what to tell you."