Chapter 13: Big Bird Didn't Age Well

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

The Next Day...

September 21, 2015

Collège Françoise Dupont, Paris, France

8:18 a.m.

All I wanna do now is go home and sleep. I rest my chin on my hand as I stare ahead of me and groan. 

We just finished fighting a human Internet virus and you're already giving us more work?

"In ten hours, your finished presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste!" Mr. Damocles, our principal, gestures to Adrien. "The father of our very own student, Adrien Agreste!"

Must suck to have Mother Gothel as your dad.

"In fact, Adrien will model the winning design in his next photo shoot!"

Marinette almost starts jumping up and down in excitement, but I pat her wrist to calm her down. She sheepishly smiles, but is bubbling to the brim with joy. 

"Do you think I have a chance of winning?" she nervously but excitedly asks. 

Alya nods. "Girl, you got the skills to pay the bills! Of course you can win this!"

"But what if it's a design I don't know? What'll I do then?"

"You'll jot down ideas and figure it out," I affirm. "You got this, don't worry."

"And now to announce this years theme: derby hats!"

The three of us look at each other. "Derby hats?"

What the hell is a derby hat?

I glance over at Chloe who gives us a mocking thumbs down and mouths the words "You're so gonna lose now." Since the principal's right in front of me, I reluctantly resist every urge to throw Ready Player One at her head.

Mr. Damocles grins. "Now, get to work on your designs and may the best student win!" 

The three of us gather our things and head to the first floor of the school. We all sit on a bench to quickly brainstorm ideas.

Marinette pulls out her sketch book and starts flipping through it. "Derby hat, derby hat, derby hat, I don't have any derby hat designs! I have top hats, caps, even two horn hats! But a derby hat?"