"Maybe I should just leave for a while."

Lauren had the day off work and spent it cleaning the house. She and Camila had been having a tough time as of late with Taylor acting out and being more moody than usual. She just chalked it up to teenage hormones...and a little fear of starting high school the next year. Lauren heard the front door open and smiled as Taylor walked in the house, "Hey, Tay. How was school?" She asked. 

Taylor opened up the front door to the house after he'd gotten off of school. Without a word, he carried the envelope he was given in to the office to hand it to his mom before darting up the steps and closing and locking his door behind him.

He'd gotten into a fight at school because of something that someone said to him. Taylor hated it. He hated what the kids said to him because he had two moms. He hated that he thought that they were right about him. He threw his backpack onto the floor and turned on his TV before curling up on his bed.

Lauren shook her head and sighed as she opened the envelope and read the words on the paper. She put it on the counter before grabbing her phone to text her wife. She set it back down on the table before walking upstairs and knocking on Taylor's bedroom door.

Taylor idly scrolled through channels on his TV until he heard the knock on his door. "Go away please." He said loud enough for Lauren to hear him. He just wanted to be left alone and that meant time away from his family. But as soon as his little siblings got home, he knew he wouldn't have that chance.

Lauren leaned against the door as Taylor told her to go away. She shook her head and laughed to herself softly. As if he through that would really make her leave him alone. She rolled her eyes at the next comment and opened the door anyway. 

"I just want to be alone!" He yelled out as his mom opened the door.

"Taylor we need to talk about the letter." Lauren said as she closed the door behind her. She looked at him as he just ignored her and stared at the TV. She walked over to his bed and took the remote from his hand before shutting the TV off.

"What's there to talk about? I punched an asshole at school." He said without hesitating at all. 

Lauren crossed her arms and looked at her son, "Taylor watch your mouth." She said as he cursed. She knew that teenagers were moody and hormonal...she used to be one of them. 

"Taylor. I'm not putting up with this any longer." Lauren said as she stared him down and moved in front of the door so he couldn't leave.

Taylor rolled his eyes before moving to look away from her. "Then don't put it off anymore mom. I don't really care." He shot back at her before getting up to grab his backpack to get his homework out. 

"Quit with the attitude, Taylor. I'm just trying to understand why you're hitting people." Lauren said as she set the remote on his dresser.  "So why did you punch him?" She asked as she looked at her son.

Lauren didn't understand why he was acting out like that. "You can talk to me." She said softly after a few minutes of Taylor ignoring her. "Why don't you care? What's going on, Taylor?" Lauren said in a somewhat desperate tone. She wanted to understand why her son was so upset...and figure out the cause of why he was being a terror as of late.

Taylor turned to look at his mom then. "He called me a faggot. He said that I'm going to turn out gay because of have two moms." He told her honestly as he opened up his backpack to pull out a folder for one of his classes.

Lauren looked at her son and frowned at his words. She sighed softly remembering back to the fight he got in some years back for the same thing. 

"I punched him because he deserved it." Taylor sat down on the edge of his bed and found himself taking slow, deep breaths. Staying angry was better than breaking down in tears. He refused to cry over being so confused with everything he was feeling. He didn't have any idea of where to start. "Would you just go?"