Chapter 20

When Ashikaga Yua looks back on her high school days, a day she nor her friends would ever let her forget was the day she and Kuroo almost gave every single team member of the Kanto group training camp a heart attack.

   It was finally the last full day and night of the training camp for this school year, everyone had practised so hard, so the managers planned on doing something fun that night if everyone would like it of course. But first, they had to take permission from the coaches and even the captains.

   The girls had rounded all the coaches and almost all the captains and only Kuroo and Bokuto were missing so Yua went in search of them.

   "Akaashi-kun!" Yua called out when she saw the boy knowing that he'd know where the two would be.

   He turned around to see her slightly panting and his eyes widened, "Yua-san! I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention." He said with a concerned look on his face, obviously worried about her lungs.

   "I'm fine. It's going to take more than a short jog to get these suckers to give up on me." She replied with a weak smile, "Anyway I just wanted to know where Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san are. The managers wanted to speak with the captains and coaches. I figured that they'd be together so that's why I'm asking you."

   "They're practising blocking in the third gymnasium," he said pointing in the direction. "I had gone to get some water.

   "Okay thanks, Akaashi-kun."

   The second years walked towards the gymnasium and as they neared it they could hear what seemed like Kuroo and Bokuto quarrelling.

   "Our manager is better than everyone's."

    "You're only saying that because you're dating her."

   Oh my god, how petty, Yua and Akaashi thought as they shook their heads

    "Not only because of that bakayaro, but she also gives us strategic advice during matches. She has spent hours educating herself on different tactics every day since last year. She even helped in training that hopeless Lev. Have your managers done anything like that?"

   Oh, he did not just call Lev hopeless.

   "Okay enough with this petty argument," Yua spoke coldly. Bokuto and Kuroo looked at her in fear clearly not wanting her to overhear this.

   Are these the repercussions of having a provocative boyfriend?

   "Both Fukurodani's managers and I are saints for having to deal with brats like you so cut it," she told them and they nodded instantly knowing what Yua was like when she gets cold, "Also gather around, the rest of the managers and I want to speak to the captains and the coaches, regarding something we can do in the next few hours."

   "Is it a bonfire?" Bokuto asked getting excited, as they headed out and walk towards the lawn where everyone was. He put his arm around her shoulder like he'd done several times, "If it's a bonfire can we all please tell scary stories?"

   "Bokuto you'd be the first person to start crying after hearing the stories Yua has," Kuroo taunted and the Fukurodani captain clicked his tongue.

   "It's not a bonfire but I can't believe how we've never done this before considering how it's such a tradition for any camp," she told the boys finally reaching the lawn area.

   "Yua-chan's here with Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san so we can finally tell you guys what we've planned," Eri cheered and Yua started feeling excited even though she wouldn't be participating in the activity she was going to have fun in the set-up. And since each manager would be paired with their respective captain it was a win-win situation for Yua.