Chapter 19

"Kiyoko-san! Hitoka-chan I missed you!" Yua cried when the two managers entered their assigned room for the night. 

   It was the first of two, weekend group training camps before the Spring Inter-High qualifiers. Yua hadn't gotten the chance to greet or even speak to the Karasuno team members the entire day so now that she saw them she felt rather emotional.

   It's hard to believe that a couple of months ago, Yua was getting angry at everyone for being so dramatic, but the more time she spends with Karasuno the more she enjoys their company. If it was up to her Yua would move all the way to Miyagi to hang out with everyone.

   Of course, that would mean she would have to leave Kuroo and the rest of the team behind and she would and could never do that.

   "It hasn't been that long Yua-chan-" Shimizu started but was cut off by Yachi.

   "I missed you too Yua-san!" Yachi said crying with the silver-haired girl and Shimizu sweatdropped at them with a nervous smile on her face.

   "Ouch say it louder," Mako said and Yua shook her head.

   "At least I can see you guys throughout the year for practice matches but I can't with these two," Yua tried reasoning.

   "It's okay Yua-nee we know you have favourites," Miyuki said in her usual cool tone.

   "Miyuki you've been spending way too much time with Akaashi."

   "What's that's supposed to mean?!"

   The next day during free practice Yua watched Kuroo and Bokuto have yet another three-on-three. Surprisingly, Tsukishima agreed to join them after their first request.

   "Tsukishima-kun?" Yua called the boy who was taking a water break. He walked towards the girl and she continued, "you've been trying to get better at your blocking."

   "Uh well yeah," he said not looking her in the eye, "if we have to make it to nationals we'll need to be able to handle Ushiwaka's spikes."

   She almost felt emotional again but contained herself, "why don't you try blocking Shoyo-kun's spikes? I know you might think that he isn't the best at spiking but with what he says he can clearly see his surroundings when midair. It might be beneficial later on," she recommended. It wasn't exactly the only way he could block Ushiwaka but it would at least help him in his overall blocking technique.

   "Okay I understand what you mean," he nodded, "Thank you Yua-san."

   "It's no-"

   "Yua-san we're heading to the cafeteria for lunch," Kuroo called out to inform her and the girl raised her thump to signal him to go on without her.

   "Yua-san do you mind if I ask you a question?" Tsukishima said and continued when she nodded, "do you like Kuroo-san?"

   If he had asked her this question a few weeks ago, Yua would've gotten flustered but now with their relationship actually going to that level, Yua was fine with this question.

   "I do," she beamed, crinkling her eyes in answer.

   Pretty much everyone knew that Kuroo and Yua were now in a relationship, they had gotten a bit of teasing from their friends which of course Yua didn't mind but what she found the funniest was that Lev did try and tease them but he was instantly shut down by Yamamoto.

   And also Kuroo was given a sort of talk by Coach Naoi telling him that he mustn't let it distract him from volleyball practice and Yua knew that wouldn't happen but even if it did she'd probably beat him over it.

   Okay maybe not beat him over it but you get the point.

   And just like that Karasuno was gone again, a few of them who were standing outside waving the team goodbye was now heading back in and Kuroo, Kenma and Yua were a part of that bundle.

   "Yua you seem to have a liking with that Four Eyes like how Kenma has with chibi-chan," Kuroo observed and she frowned, clearly confused.

   "You're still going on about that?" Kenma said with an annoyed tone.

   "I don't know what you mean but yeah, Tsukishima-kun's nice. I just like how he doesn't sugarcoat anything and gets straight to the point unlike certain people I know," she said and Kuroo got what she was implying and shrugged.

   "Well, he seems to like you too," Kuroo told the girl.

   "How can you tell? It's so hard to read him," Yua questioned, wanting to know Kuroo's ways.

   "I can just tell," and both Yua and Kenma sighed clearly not entertained by his statements anymore.

   A few weeks had passed, and Yua knew that things wouldn't be going this good for long, so she enjoyed everything while it lasted.

   For the first time in a long time, Yua was walking home with Sakura, not attending practice that day since she a ton of science homework to complete and the boys were just going to be doing training drills.

   Around a while, after Yua and Kuroo had started dating, Sakura confessed to her crush Nakamura Lee, who was the class representative and surprise surprise things went well and now they were together.

   It really was the season for love for Yua's friend circle.

   "So how long after dating is kissing acceptable?" Sakura asked and the taller girl shrugged.

   "I wouldn't know," she replied and Sakura raised a brow.

   "You expect me to believe that you and Kuroo-senpai haven't kissed yet?"

   "We haven't," Yua raised her hands up in defence, "Are we supposed to?"

   "Lee-kun and I have," Sakura informed her and Yua's eyes widened, "it happened yesterday when he walked me home."

   "And you're telling me this now?" Yua said, pretending to be offended, "Was it your first kiss?"

   Sakura nodded, a small blush forming on her cheeks, "You've had yours right?"

   "Yeah, but it was for a dare so I don't really count it," A shiver ran down her spine as she recalled the memory of her having to kiss her classmate for a dare back in her third year of middle school. "And it was so rushed."

   She stayed quiet for a while before asking, "Do you think I should make the first move?"

   "Well you were the one who confessed first, so I think Kuroo-senpai might be a bit too shy to make first moves in general."

   "He's not really the shy type though," Yua said while coughing a bit, "maybe it'll just happen."

   "You do you, I'm just giving you my opinion and my opinions and suggestions have worked in the past."

   "I really do hate it when you're right," Yua said coughing a bit more.

   "Yua you should probably start wearing clinical masks while walking to school, the air quality is declining these days," Sakura suggested and Yua nodded.

   When Yua got home that day, while she was working on her science homework she thought about what Sakura had said and decided to shake it off.

   If it was going to happen she'd want it to happen organically.

A/N: This might seem like a bit of a filler chapter but just wait, the next one is my favourite chapter I've ever written ;)