Chapter 13

The fourth day came along and Yua and the other managers were told that the coaches were going to treat everyone to a barbeque so they'd need to help out with a few things before the mealtime tomorrow.

Yua had distributed lunch to everyone and when she was done she sat next to Shimizu, who was now slowly becoming one of Yua's close friends.

"Yua-chan you seem tired," Shimizu commented.

"I always get tired by the fourth day of the summer training camp," she told the older girl, "anyway I've noticed how much Karasuno has been improving- it's amazing."

"It's because they've all been practising so hard," She said, she had a hint of pride in her voice.

"Ne Yua-san," Yachi said from behind her.

Yua turned to see the younger girl with the tray of food in her hands, "Are you not going to eat?" she asked taking a seat beside her.

Just when she was about to say she wasn't hungry she remembered what Kuroo had told her weeks ago.

"You need to take better care of yourself Yua-san."

"Ah yes I will, sorry I'll be back soon," she told the girls and got up to get herself some food.

The more Yua thought about it the more she realized that it was not only her that kept Kuroo in check but he did on her as well.

When it was time for free practice Yua headed to the third gymnasium since they were going to continue their three-on-three match.

She had apologized to Hinata in the afternoon and the boy said that it was actually fine. Tsukishima had overheard the conversation and told her that she apologized a lot.

All the first years are such simpletons except him, she thought and sighed weakly.

When she got there she saw all of them already talking and she had no idea how she didn't see any of them pass by her.

"Alright since Yua-chan is here we can finally start!" Bokuto said and Yua sweatdropped, how long had they been waiting for her?

They played for a while and took a quick break and while Kuroo was giving them some tips on how to block a spike Tsukishima finally asked a question that had been on his mind for a while.

"We're basically opponents as soon as we're in a match right?" He started in his usual cool tone, "Why are you advising us?"

"I've always been this kind," And that's where Yua lost it.

She started cackling at what the older middle blocker had said and he scolded, "Yua-san why are you laughing and you guys don't have to look at me like this."

"I'm sorry but it's just that the way you said it was hilarious," she said catching her breath.

But then Kuroo got a little serious and rubbed the back of his neck, "Because I really want that trash can battle to happen. That's our coach's long-awaited wish and we don't know how more long he will coach us," and Yua got a little serious as well now, "for that to happen you guys need to keep winning too."

"Kuroo-san I didn't think I'd say this to you just yet but you're a great captain," Yua said sarcastically and wiped a fake tear. She obviously knew how good of a captain he actually is, she just wanted to lighten the mood a bit.

"Yua-san!"

They started playing again and it was going in favour of the 'cats'. Yua facepalmed when she saw Hinata flattering Bokuto and she could tell that the others were thinking of the same thing as well.

They played and practised till pretty late and it was probably time for them to head back. Hinata had learnt how to do a feint from Bokuto and she was interested to see how he'd use it in a match.

"Okay you all it's time to wrap up," she told them and they nodded.

"Why can't we practice more?" Lev said obviously enjoying this practice more than learning how to receive and block from Yaku or Yua even. "Will the coaches scold us?"

"No they won't they're probably too busy getting drunk right now-" she covered her mouth realizing what she had said and Kuroo and Bokuto burst out laughing. Yua's face turned red and she scoffed, "no matter what it's getting late now and you should all get a good night's sleep!"

They chorused a 'yes' and started heading back.

Like always Kuroo and Yua fell behind all of them and were walking at their own slow pace and conversed.

"Hitoka-chan has finally fully warmed up to me, " she told the boy warmly, "She and Miyuki seem to be getting along too. They exchanged email addresses and everything."

"That's cool, speaking of which what were you doing the day before yesterday? Miyuki was trying to find you." Kuroo asked the girl.

"Introspecting certain things," she replied and looked down at her feet, "It had been a while since I had time to myself."

"I understand," he hesitated for a moment but continued, "anything worth sharing?"

She looked back up and turned to the boy, "I keep forgetting how lucky I am to be able to experience all these emotions because of being a manager and sometimes I take it for granted, " she was able to explain how she was feeling much more comfortably than she thought she would be able to, "I also think that I've been too distant from everyone lately- sorry I shouldn't be putting this on you."

"Hey you can always talk to me if you want to," Kuroo reminded her and she nodded.

"I know, the same goes for you," she sighed, "I don't think I'm living in the moment anymore and that's bothering me."

"You want a piece of my advice?" he continued after seeing her nod, "Try taking a step back every now and then to look at the current moment."

So right then as they were walking, Yua suddenly stopped at looked around at her surroundings, and then she did something Kuroo did not expect her to do. She let out a loud exhale of relief.

The other boys were out of earshot so they couldn't hear what was happening but Kuroo's hazel eyes just stayed on the girl.

That somehow actually managed to make the girl feel better but now that she was looking at Kuroo under the moonlight with his messy bed hair and pretty eyes she realized why she had been caught up like this.

She didn't want to let go of Kuroo. She didn't want the time to come where she'd go to volleyball practice and he wouldn't be there.

She wanted to spend all her free time with him and get to know him even more.

The way Yua was thinking made it sound like he was dying. But no he was only in his third year, and summer wasn't even over yet.

  I hate it when Sakura is right, she thought.

There are these moments couples or friends have. There is that moment that two friends share and suddenly they realize that they are in love.

There is that moment that couples have as well and they realize that they wanted to spend every single day of their lives together.

And right then, both Yua and Kuroo were sure that they had just experienced their first 'that moment'.