Chapter 16

And just like that, it was the last day of summer break. In the past week, Yua had taken part in the follow-up class of the filmmaking workshop and was actually considering studying filmmaking in college. 

   She had gone to every single practice and made note of the slight improvements the boys were making. And of course, she got them snacks during the breaks.

   Yua had heard from Shimuzu that they qualified for the October qualifiers and Yua was looking forward to seeing them at the next two group training camps at the end of that month and at the end of October.

   Yua knew that she liked the members of the Karasuno team but the excitement she felt when she found that they made it was something else.

   But that didn't mean Yua was fine with them possibly beating Nekoma.

   Yua was getting ready for the ceremony and she felt slightly awkward in the dress she was wearing. It was a white formal dress that cut at her midthigh region, it was sleeveless so she had to shave her armpits the night before to her annoyance.

   Kuroo would come to pick her up at her house and from there they'd walk to the train station and then from there they'd have to walk a bit more to get to the venue. This much walking was fine with Yua but since she was going to be wearing heels it was going to be a real pain.

   "Yua-chan Tetsuro-kun is here," her mother's voice bellowed from downstairs.

   "Coming," she shouted back.

   She looked at herself one last time in the mirror and visibly cringed. She thought that her hair looked too simple- even with the black sparkly clips, she had bought. Well, it's not like she cared much because if she wanted Kuroo to actually like her back it would be because of her character and not her looks.

   Yua walked down the stairs and saw Kuroo standing in his formal wear patiently waiting for Yua. She noticed that he wore a blue tie as well which really suited him.

   But his hair is still messy, she chuckled to herself.

   "Hi Kuroo-san," she said once she was down the stairs.

   Kuroo looked at her and his eyes widened in the slightest and she could see the corners of his mouth almost twitch into a smirk.

   "Hello Yua-san," he smiled at her and Yua swore she almost passed out because his smile was brighter than usual today. "You look good."

   "Thanks, you do too," she said. She spotted her mom eyeing the girl softly with her own indigo blue eyes, "What's wrong mom?"

   "Oh nothing it's just that you look like a girl right now," she said almost getting emotional.

   "What's that supposed to mean?!"

   "You know what I mean. Always wearing those same pair of shorts and those weird t-shirts-"

   "For the last time they're band and tour t-shirts," she reasoned and started putting on her heels, "Come on Kuroo-san let's go before she criticizes my personality next."

   "You should have a personality for me to criticise," her mom joked and Yua groaned in frustration.

   "I see where you get your humour from," Kuroo commented as they were finally out of the house.

   "Please don't insult me like that," she eyed the boy and he laughed out loud.

   After a bit of walking, a train ride and more walking, along with talking and laughing, later they reached the venue. When they entered Kuroo's eyes immediately landed on Aito and pointed it out to Yua who yelped when she saw her wearing a t-shirt with jeans.

   "Aito you were supposed to wear formals!" Yua scolded the girl right when they got closer to her.

   "Calm down, I brought a change of clothes, I didn't want to walk all the way here in a dress," she seemed offended that Yua thought she had forgotten to wear formals, "Oh also you look good Kuroo-senpai."

   "Thank you Lara-san," he sweatdropped as Yua and Aito kept bickering and wondered if Aito was really unsure if she was going to attend or not.

   "Anyway let's go take our seats it'll be starting soon," Aito started, "I'll change and come back so don't wait for me. It's a good thing Sakura reserved our seats."

   So Yua and Kuroo went to their respected seats and waited for Aito. Yua informed Kuroo that dinner would be served after the ceremony and Sakura would meet them then.

   "Ne Yua-san how long have you know Lara-san and Hakeri-san?" He asked curiously.

   "Ever since kindergarten," she answered, "I can't say they're like my sisters but they're the closest thing to sisters that I had until high school when I met all the managers of the various teams."

   "What about Miyuki?" 

   "She doesn't really feel like a sister really. She feels like family but not like a sister, I don't know," she shrugged it off. A question popped into Yua's head, "Ne Kuroo-san why did you never interact with me before high school?"

   Kuroo sighed nervously, "I was actually quite intimidated by you for a while," he said truthfully and Yua's raised her eyebrows in shock.

   "Okay you need to elaborate," she told him.

   "From what Yakeru-san had told me you just seemed so focused and talented and I'm not saying that I wasn't but it's just that whenever I came over to see Yakeru-san you were always so nice and I-I don't know," A small blush formed on Kuroo's face, "I sort of developed a crush on you for a while."

   Yua widened her eyes, her heart started beating rapidly and her face went red. She was about to say something but just like in any other Wattpad book, somebody came and interrupted the flow of the conversation.

   "Sorry, I'm not late am I?" Aito, whose voice is usually as sweet as honey, said with a voice of a person Yua wanted to bury alive.

   If Yua wasn't mad she would've even complimented the dress she was wearing because Aito looked like a doll in it.

   "No," Yua whispered, "you have really great timing."