Chapter 12

It was the second day of the training camp and Yua was helping the managers in distributing the watermelons, the parents of the Shinzen High students brought for them. When she was done with her lot she noticed Akaashi sitting by himself eating his watermelon. He was always around Bokuto so it must be one of those's rare opportunities when he's by himself.

She had honestly only gotten to know the boy during last years summer training camp. Before that, she thought that he was only a quiet boy who did as he was told, but she was so wrong.

Like a sixth sense, Akaashi looked at the girl and waved for her to come over.

Yua walked over to the boy and sat next to him on the grass. They talked for a while and he had told Yua a bit about how he thought Miyuki was fitting in at Fukurodani and she was quite happy at the news but trusted Akaashi in keeping her filled in.

The rest of the day went by and Yua found herself to be interested in Karasuno's development, though it couldn't be noticed by the regular eye, they were getting better. It was only the second day and they were already improving in the slightest.

"You notice the development as well Yua-chan?" Nekomata Sensei asked her snapping her out of her daze.

"Yes. I don't know if I should be saying this but Karasuno is really interesting to observe. After every match, they take in their mistakes and try not to repeat them in the next- though it's not really working that well as of now."

"You're absolutely right," he told her, "and I'm glad that you're observing this. It'll be helpful."

Yua didn't ask him what he meant but still nodded.

"But don't forget to make notes on your own team."

"I won't sensei," she smiled tiredly.

At the end of the day, Yua stretched tiredly, even though she wasn't doing much she still felt tired.

She didn't need to help out with cooking that day since she did so the previous day and helped with lunch as well, so she had free time and thought of helping Lev with his receives so Yaku and the others could practice something on their own-

"Yua-chan!" she heard the owl's voice and a shiver ran down her spine- not again.

Bokuto said he wanted to practice his spikes and needed a blocker as both Kuroo and Tsukishima declined his invitation.

"I don't know if I'll be of much help but sure," she replied, at least she'd have something to do now.

And as if Bokuto had planned for it Kuroo's voice bellowed from behind her, "Bokuto you jerk, don't try getting Yua-san to help you with your dirty work!"

"What do you mean dirty work?" Bokuto sounded offended.

"You know what I mean-"

Yua took this opportunity to drift away. It had been a hot minute since she was actually alone and wondered if maybe she should go back to help everyone out but she stopped herself because she dawned upon something.

She hadn't done anything for herself in a while.

Sure she had hanged out with her friends but thinking about it more, Yua realized that she hadn't spent any time to herself or even thought clearly.

So that's what she decided to do, she went and sat on the grassy hill and looked up to the sky to analyse her emotions for once and not a match.

The third day was not very eventful and Yua stayed quiet for the most part. She was a little agitated by Hinata and Kageyama's dispute and she had no idea why.

At night she had decided to help Lev with his receives but she needed to take care of something in the kitchen so she left Lev in Yaku's care for a while.

It honestly feels like he's a 2-meter tall toddler, she thought.

While she was heading back her eyebrows raised when she saw Lev and Hinata at the entrance of the third gymnasium.

She decided to barge in uninvited since Lev did as well.

"Hello," she cooed and they all greeted her. Lev stiffened when he saw her and looked the other way. "So what are you guys doing?"

"We're going to play 3 on 3- Cats vs Owls!" Hinata explained, and Yua nodded.

"Nice, is it alright if I keep a track of the points?" she grinned as they all nodded, but mostly she wanted to give Lev a piece of her mind after this.

They only played for a while before Yukie and Miyuki (hah that rhymed) told them to head up to the cafeteria for dinner.

Yua's eyes softened when her eyes landed on Hinata who looked like he didn't want to stop playing and she was about to say something but Kuroo beat her to it.

"Chibi-can, we'll continue tomorrow," he said and the shorter boy's eyes lit up.

Yua smiled at that and Kuroo noticed, "I'm not saying that you shouldn't smile but why are you smiling now?"

"Nothing it just feels good to see you be nice to others," Yua explained and the boy didn't seem like he got what she meant but nodded nonetheless.

"Yua-san what were you humming?" Hinata asked as they were walking towards the cafeteria. He came forward to walk beside her and Kuroo slowed down to talk to Bokuto.

"Oh it's the Shiratorizawa cheer, it's extremely catchy." She said sheepishly. She didn't think anyone would catch on to it.

"How do you know it?" He asked curiously, jumping in front of her.

"Uh well, I was watching and analysing matches for possible opponents at the nationals, if-when we qualify." She rephrased quickly, they were going to make it. She looked confused when she saw his face covered with a blank expression.

Oh crap.

He must've thought that I thought that Karasuno wouldn't qualify for nationals.

"I'm not saying that I don't think you guys won't make it to nationals, it's just that-" she raised her arms in defence while trying to find words to console the boy.

"No don't worry I understand Yua-san," Hinata said snapping out of his daze and quickly sprinted towards the cafeteria.

"Shoyo-Kun-"

"There's no point in defending yourself now Yua-san," Akaashi who was quiet this entire time spoke, he seemed like he was trying not to say something more snarky which Yua appreciated.

"I'll need to apologize to him tomorrow," she sighed to which Akaashi let out a barely audible chuckle.

Kuroo who was walking behind the two second years with Bokuto seemed to have picked up on their interaction and suddenly interrupted Bokuto who was talking about how his straight shots were getting better.

   "Ne Bokuto," Kuroo said, "do you think Akaashi likes Yua?"

Bokuto was a little surprised by the question but gave it a thought and responded, "who knows but now that you mention it they do seem a bit too buddy-buddy these days."

Kuroo merely nodded and Bokuto continued talking.

Kuroo would never admit to it but at that moment he felt intimidated by Akaashi.

A/N: I absolutely love writing training camp bits