Chap-27

Christian POV~

The building had been on lockdown for about half an hour now and YN had still been sitting in the now shut-off elevator. She basically clung to the dead guard as she cried over him. I knew they were really good friends, so I wanted to give her time to grieve. However, that time had been cut short. I had been monitoring the cameras and noticed some weird movement in the stairwell then noticed some guys coming up the stairs. One appeared to be a guard, but then I saw what appeared to be a patient, due to the uniform, with a gun. Lastly, they were followed by a janitor, once again due to the uniform, who also had a gun. I already knew something terrifying had been going on, but now I've pieced it together. Quickly running out ino the hallway, I warn YN. 

Me: YN they are coming. 

I watched as she sniffled, wiping ah her eyes and nose. 

YN: We can't leave him out here. Can you help me bring him in?

Me: Yea. We have to hurry. You grab his legs. 

We then picked his body up, carrying it into the office and laying him on the chair. 

I quickly lock the door, putting a chair under the nob. 

Me: We are going to have to barricade the door. 

The windows had been completely blocked off due to the building being on lockdown, so we couldn't see anything happening outside of the building, let alone heaf anything outside. We couldn't even make calls due to the service being blocked off. All we could do was hope that law enforcement had been outside, trying to help. 

Yongguk POV~

GD: Get it together Bbang. I told you about getting attached to people. Especially with a job like this. 

We had currently been outside of the Asylum, trying to piece together a plan. 

Me: The lockdown is mean to keep anything and everything from entering and exiting. We won't be able to do anything until we are able to reach someone inside and get the lockdown shut off. If we don't get the lockdown lifted, e-everyone in there could die. 

Jomgup- The only thing I can think of is the walkie-talkies. The guards use them, however, because they are all on the same channel, every walkie-talkie would get radioed. 

GD: That is gonna compromise the plan. 

Me: Then what the hell are we supposed to do!?!

GD: Calm down. 

I knew I should have warned her. We investigated a group that had a connection to a patient inside of the asylum. Kim Jong-in, known as Kai, formerly charged with aggravated assult. Kris Wu, charged with Sexual assault, battery. Park Chanyeol, his felons include indecency exposure, kidnapping, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm, the list goes on and on. Finally, Oh Sehun, no known charges. 

GD: There has to be some type of emergency communication. 

Christian POV~

???: We know you are in there Doctor. Let us in. 

YN and I had currently been hiding under her desk. Listening as the group of men banged on the door. They even shot at the door. I had been so scared, but looking at YN scared me even more. She didn't even appear to be scared. She looked hurt more than anything. Her eyes had been red and puffy. Her clothes soaked in blood. I rubbed small circles with my thumb into the back of her hand as she clung to her knees. 

Without looking at me, she spoke. 

YN: If I don't take the building off lockdown, there is no way we will leave here. That's the only way we could get help. Where is the key?

Understanding the severity of the situation, I reached into my pocket, grabbing the key and giving it to her. 

I watched as she crawled from under the desk and walked over to the controls. Seconds later. an alarm rung and the windows were being unblocked. However, I feared for other people in the building, hoping they would remain in their rooms until the building is cleared. 

My first instance was to look out the window. As I did, I saw swarms of law enforcement, all armed and geared up. A red light then flashed across my eyes and when I looked up, I would see a sniper. 

Yongguk POV~

Just as we had been gearing up, the lockdown had been lifted. I quickly grabbed my gun and made my way inside the building, not caring about GD and Jongup shouting for me to wait. 

The hallways had been all cleared. I figured it would be best to take the elevator because whoever was here could be using the stairwell, knowing the building was no longer on lockdown. Just as the elevated reached the ground level and open, I was met with a lot of blood and bullets casings and holes. Quickly stepping in, I pressed the button for the floor where YN's office had been. Reaching her floor, I carefully cleared the halway, making my way to her office. 

I tried to open the door, which looked almost beat in with a broken lock, however, it would not open. They must have barricaded the door. Just then, my phone rung.

Me: Christian!? Are you-

Christian: We are in her office. 

Me: I'm outside the office. Let me in. 

As they cleared the barricade, I kept watch in the hallway. 

Once the barricade was cleared, I stepped in, immediately looking for YN. When my gaze landed on her, I felt even worse inside. I felt guilt. 

She immediately ran into my arms, crying. 

It was then I noticed a strong smell, then a guard, who apparently was dead laying on the sofa. 

YN: Yongguk...

Me: Shhhh

I cooed as I tightened my grip on her.