Nineteen | Preparation

NINETEEN

B A I L E Y

- 4:46 am -

"Traffic was unbelievable!" Brittney yells into her phone to Charlie. "Yes, we are getting on the plane now." She says as she sits down at her seat. "Yup, love you too. Hmhm. Goodbye." Then she hangs up the phone. "Goodness."

"Do you have a private plane?" I ask her as I look around.

"Yes, well, it's the company's plane." She answers.

"Oh. Nice. Well, I am going to sleep." I say.

"Okay, you can. Sweet dreams. There is a bed right back there." She says.

I just decide to lay on the couch, I fall asleep in seconds.

- 8:01 am -

"Bailey. Good morning." Brittney says to me, waking me up. "The plane just landed. We gotta get into the car." She rushes me to my feet and we walk out of the door and to the car. Which is a black SUV. Dots are starting to connect. But this is just a fun time. Not everything has to remind me of him, this is totally different.

- 8:23 am -

We walk into the hotel and up to our rooms. She and I have different rooms. She gives me my room key and tells me I have until 9:00 to unpack. I open my room door and my jaw drops. The room is gorgeous. How did I get so lucky to have rich friends? I unpack my stuff as fast as I can and once I am done I have about twenty minutes, so I just relax.

I wonder what Brittney has planned for me today? I hope for a spa day, something fully relaxed, and I hope that I'll be glammed up! I am so excited!

- 9:03 am -

Brittney is knocking at my door and I go and answer it. "Ready?" She asks.

"Yup!" I answer.

"Good! We are going to get manicures, then pedicures, then a very long massage. Break for a late lunch, then get ready for the Gala!" She exclaims as we walk down to the elevator.

When we get out of the elevator we are on the bottom floor and we are walking to an area with lots of chairs and seats. Brittney and I talk as we get our nails done. No one asks me what I want on them, but they just put them on. They seem like they know what they are doing. They're long acrylics, a dark green, with gold accents. Very pretty. Then my toes get done the same way.

- 12:04 pm -

"I bet we could go to lunch now before the massage. Or possibly even go shopping! That sounds nice. Yea?" Brittney suggests as we walk out of the nail salon.

"Yea! That sounds like a good idea." I am still looking at my nails. They are gorgeous. I look to Brittney's nails, that are a matte red with one sparkly red nail. They look spicey. Very cute. "Your nails turned out so nice!" I say.

"Thank you! Yours are absolutely divine!" She says with a slight accent.

"Where did the accent come from?" I question.

"Oh darling, this is my voice. I am so tired of using the American one." She laughs.

"Oh, wow. That just made you sound so much richer." I laugh.

"Well, we are very wealthy." She says. "Shall we go shopping?" She asks.

"Yea, sure." I say. "But why hide the accent?" I push.

"Oh just so not to intimidate you darling." She answers.

"Oh, okay." I cuckle.

We make our way down the street to a mall. I gawk at the beauty of this city. I think we are in Alaska. It's cold, but very calm. We go into the mall and Brittney tells me to pick out anything. I end up just getting a coat, and a few pairs of shoes. Brittney gets a bunch of fancy stuff.