Two | New things

TWO

Bay, Florida

B A I L E Y

I wake up to nothing. My eyes just open, with no warning. Where am I? I gently turn my head to see I'm in a bedroom. It's not like a cell that I expected. It's a bedroom, nicer than mine at home. I'm laying in a comfy bed with pillows under my head. What kind of kidnapping is this?

I see a door, and make a break for it without thought. When I turn the knob, I find it's unlocked. It might be a red flag, but I push the thought to the back of my mind. I turn the knob and open the door. I look out the door to see a hallway on the other side. I think I'm on the bottom floor.

I make my way down the hallway as quiet as I can. But then I start to hear voices talking. "Three." Someone says.

"Get that number to zero. Then you can get a pat on the back." Another person says.

"Yes boss."

What's going on? Who is the boss? I probably shouldn't be listening to this, but my curiosity gets the best of me. So I get closer, and closer. The door is cracked and I try to get closer to look through. But I accidentally pushed the door open a little more. Crap. Eyes turn to me. Run!

And I do. My feet take me up the stairs and down the hall into a room, lock the door behind me. It's a bedroom. I see a closet door and run for it. As soon as I get into the room I lock the door again and hide under some clothes on a shelf. I think I'm hidden enough.

I don't hear anything, so they are super quiet, or not even looking for me. I hope for the second scenario.

- 9:32 pm -

I don't know how much time passes or what time it is, but I really need to pee. I still can't hear anything. I kinda wish they could find me already. My bladder is about to explode.

Just then, the bedroom door rattle, followed by a chuckle. Then the door clicks open. I take it back! Another door opens, then shuts. This door is next. Maybe I can fake sleep? Would that work- the door opens. It's going to have to! There is another devilish chuckle.

"Half of you is sticking out." It's the same guy from the van. I continue to sleep, no movement. "Oh- you're asleep? Hmmm." I hear him a step closer. I have to force myself to not flinch. "I hoped you'd stay in your room. Guess I have to keep you closer."

A tear falls from my eye and crosses over my nose. Suddenly there is a hand that is on my back, and another on my hip pulling me onto my back, and eventually into his arms bridal style. "Don't cry Bailey." He mocks.

My kidnapper carries me out of the room and into another room a few steps. I'm put on a bed and when I hear him walk away, I risk a look. But he turns back and our eyes meet for a millisecond. I try to close them again, but it's too late.

"I wasn't born yesterday. It's not good to lie." He says with a grin. I keep quiet. After staring for a few more seconds, he leaves, shutting the door behind him. I let out a large breath. That was exhausting.

- A week passes -

I've refused all the food he brings to me. I haven't really moved, only twice to use the bathroom. I am so hungry, and thirsty. But I'm too scared. My eyes glance up to the clock, it's 12:29 in the afternoon. He'll be in here any second to deliver more food. I might actually eat today. That is how hungry I am.

Not even a minute later, there is a knock on the door and for the first time I respond. "Yea?" My voice is hoarse. The only words I've said in a week. He opens the door and shoots me a questioning look.