Three | Too much

TREE

Lee, South Carolina

B A I L E Y

- That night, 9:02 pm -

Apparently I fell asleep, so now I'm waking up and in the woods. I start to panic but then I realize I'm still in the car. The car goes back and forth as it drives over bumps in a path. He is probably going to kill me and leave me in the woods to rot!

I sit up as fast as I can, but the seat belt is locked so I hit my head hard on the back of the seat. My kidnapper just laughs. "Stop it! Stop the care and send me home!" I begin to cry. "I don't want to die- I don't!"

"You're not going to die. Not with me." He states.

I continue to weep anyway. I can't trust his words. He could want to kill me, and be planning it out right now. "Trust no one." My father would say. Now I will take his advice.

A few minutes later, a cabin comes into view. As we get closer I see that it's really rustic, and looks like something right out of Pinterest. "Where are we?" I ask slowly without looking at him.

"One of my places." He answers.

"Oh." I say quietly. He pulls into the driveway, next to a dark grey truck. "Who else is here?" I ask.

"No one." He states.

"Oh." I repeat. He then gets out of the car and grabs the bag he stuffed my clothes into. Then he walks around and opens my door. I don't know if I should thank him, or not. So I just don't. He makes me walk in front of him onto the porch. He leans over me to unlock the door. Once it is open, I walk in.

It's a small old cabin on the outside, but on the inside, it's a grand new cabin. It still has a cabin feel to it, just multiplied by ten. For some reason I really like it. Goodness, why does he have to hold me hostage. If he wasn't, I'd definitely be fine living with him.

"I'm sure you're hungry. And I want to shower, so it's upstairs across from the bathrooms." He explains.

"I'm not hungry-"

"You have barely eaten anything in a week. When you come down from your shower, you will eat your dinner." He demands in a soft tone.

I'm about to argue back, but he shoots me a look saying to just do as he says. Once again I oblige and walk upstairs with the bag he packed. When I find the bathroom and close, lock the door behind me. I look in the mirror and look at myself. I look sickly. Eyes all sunken in. Pale, hungry. My hair is a greasy mess too.

I strip off my clothes and turn the water on hot. Once it's warmed up, I step in and let the water soak my hair. Then I open my eyes to see a shampoo and conditioner sitting on a shelf, and a female razor, and female wash. Why does he have this stuff? A girlfriend? For some reason I get sad at the thought.

I brush the thought from my mind and rake my fingers through my hair. Then I notice the amount of hair that falls out. Must be the stress, and the fact I haven't showered in forever. Both, definitely both. I put a mount of shampoo and conditioner in my hand and into my hair. It feels so soft. Goodness, I wish it could just stay this soft. But my hair is so unruly. But also so boring. It's so straight, and doesn't hold anything. So it usually just sits on my shoulders.

As my hair wash sits, I scrub the sweat from my legs, and arms. Once I am all rinised, I decide to shave since I have nothing better to do. So I shave my legs, and underarms. My body feels so clean, and smooth now. When I turn the water off and wrap the towel around my body I look in the mirror and I look different then when I first went in. I look much cleaner, and less sick.