On The Run- Sneak Peak

Shantel

I nervously paced around the living room as the news played in the background.

"Ronald McBag wanted for two counts of murder in the 2nd degree after killing two men late Thursday evening. If you see this man, please call your local police station" The news anchor said while a picture of Ronald was put up on the screen.

My heart ached as I felt tears fall from my eyes- it wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Come on, Ron." I whispered. A few moments later, my back door opened and shut loudly. I ran to the door and seen Ronald all covered in dirt.

"YOU MADE IT!" I screamed. I jumped in his arms and we swayed back and forth. I planted several kisses on his lips before he put me down.

"Are you okay? Was anyone following you?" I asked

"I'm fine, and no- I don't think anyone saw me."

"Okay, ditch your clothes and go take a shower." He pulled his dirty clothes off and handed them to me. He then ran upstairs to take a shower while I burned the clothes he once had on.

"This just in, a witness claims to have seen Ronald McBag running into the woods with a red shirt on- paired with blue shorts" The news anchor said. I panicked and shut off the TV- not wanting Ron to hear it and get nervous.

A few minutes later, Ron came downstairs with a shaver and clippers. He sat down and I proceeded to begin to shave his face and restyle his hair. We then put in contacts and added fake piercings and tattoos.

"Turn the news back on" Ron demanded. I obliged and turned the TV back on.

The news anchors started to call Ron dangerous, a threat to society, and an out of control maniac. We both sighed at the name-calling. Ron was none of that. He was the sweetest man I've ever know.

He just...got too angry one day

It all started Wednesday morning. Ron and I were off so I decided to take an early trip to the grocery store. Ron stayed in bed- so I went alone.

Once there, I spent maybe an hour doing my shopping and then made my way over to self checkout.

I noticed two men were staring at me. One looked disgusted and the other was stone faced. I ignored them and finished checking out. They kept staring, so I snapped a quick picture of them without being too obvious.

Once done, I walked outside with my shopping and started to load the car up. Those same two men happened to follow me outside and stopped right beside me.

One man had a tattoo of the confederate flag- so I already knew what type of bs they were one.

"Hey" One man called out. I ignored them until I felt a tug on my braids.

Not only was it rude- but they were freshly done box braids.....so it hurt like hell.

"Excuse you" I snapped. Both men stayed staring at me- so I quickly finished putting all my things in the car and jogged over to the passengers side. I opened the door and got in, locking it right before both men made their way over to the door.

The next few events happened in the matter of seconds. Before I knew it, a rock was thrown through the window and a hand reached in and pulled my hair with all their might. The pulling was accompanied by them screaming profanities and racial slurs at me.

It seemed as if they were trying to pull me out through the window, but I fought until they let go.

I started the car and swerved- nearly hitting them, and sped all the way back home.

When I arrived back home, I walked in crying and hyperventilating- catching Ron's attention.

I told him what happened and he asked for a description of each man. I proceeded to tell him one was white- the other was black, one had a confederate flag tattoo and the other had on a dark green hat. I soon remembered I had a picture of both males and showed my husband.

He asked me to send him the pictures and by next morning....he was gone.

___________________
Sorry for mistakes ❤️

I hope y'all enjoyed this sneak peak of my new story 💜

COMING SUPER SOON ^^