Chapter 23 La La Land

Start from the beginning

She loves him.

"Shy. I'm feeling shy." Ye Jin blushed but nevertheless smiled from ear to ear as she nuzzled her face into Hyun Bin's chest.

"Don't be. You were amazing, love." Hyun Bin chuckled, gently running his fingers through her hair.

Silence.

"I'll draw you a warm bath." Hyun Bin moved to get out of the bed, only for Ye Jin to stop him.

"Wait. Let's stay like this for a minute longer, aegiya (baby)."

Who was he to say no to his swan?

A cuddle and a shower later, Ye Jin found Hyun Bin in the kitchen, the smell of fried egg wafting from the stove as the man expertly plated them.

After her warm bath, Ye Jin felt a million times better as she sat down at the dining table where Rose was already waiting for her. Her friend greeted her with a lick just as Hyun Bin sat down across from Ye Jin. He made sure to feed Rose as well, and the three of them enjoyed a light-hearted breakfast together.

"Butter?" Hyun Bin offered, already spreading a dollop of creamy goodness on the toast.

"Loads of butter." Ye Jin grinned.

Her man smiled as he added another dollop of butter to the toast, spreading it evenly before he handed it to Ye Jin. Watching her eat with gusto, his own appetite grew as well.

Collectively, the lovers basked in a seemingly normal morning together, simply enjoying the precious mundane moment in their largely extraordinary lives.

Even in their silence, their thoughts were aligned. They both yearned for one thing. For such a morning to be their every day.

Shortly before they had to head to work, Hyun Bin brought up the Europe tour again, determined to see his promise through. He was a man of his word and he wasn't one to dawdle.

"I'm going to let Director Kim know our decision today." Hyun Bin spoke with the utmost determination.

Finding him, Ye Jin wrapped her arms around Hyun Bin's torso and nodded her head. "Gomawo. I'm so proud of you. Saranghaeyo."

"Nado saranghae (I love you too)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTM: 1 Week, 3 Days

Ever since Hyun Bin had informed Director Kim of their plans to be part of the Europe tour, it would seem their lives had started to revolve around it.

In all his time together with Ye Jin, this was Hyun Bin's first time experiencing a new side to his girlfriend which he hadn't before.

For someone who was usually more casual when it came to trips, Hyun Bin was shocked when Ye Jin showed up at his apartment that morning. With the bags of items in her hands, it was a wonder how she managed to get to his apartment with no one else to help her.

"What's with the bags, love?" Hyun Bin automatically took some of the bags from her.

His heavy front door slammed shut with a loud thud as they walked to the living room where Ye Jin deposited the bags on the floor.

"I'm afraid I need more luggage space, Binnie. Do you mind? Don't worry, some of these items are for you too."

"I'm not really following..." Hyun Bin admitted sheepishly.

That prompted Ye Jin to start pulling out the items she brought for their trip out of the bags. Packs of facial masks, an assortment of medication packed into mini Ziploc bags, flip-flops, and socks soon joined the rest of the items on the floor as Ye Jin spoke animatedly in what could pass off as a mini-tutorial regarding travelling essentials.