Chapter 24

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. I seem to not be dead and I still have all my body parts. That's good I guess. There must have been more bombs.

I feel a stinging pain in my back. Shit. I must have been hit by shrapnel. I can't take it out here. I take out my phone and call my boy - the rude boy that keeps hanging up on me.

"Hello." I say. "Hello, shadow." He says in the usual depressed tone. "Send a car to my location." I say. "Fine". He says and hangs up. This Selfish bastard, he didn't even ask if I was okay. I really want to have a serious talk with his parents.

I wait a few minutes and I see the car pull up. What a self-driving beauty. It's definitely not legal, but we have tinted windows so people never know. I get into the car and drive to the HQ or whatever it's called to get this shit out of my body. It wasn't painless but luckily all our cars are equipped with a bar. Convenient right.

I cover myself with a coat in the car. I walk into the reception and walk into the infirmary. The security cameras know who is allowed in and start beeping if you're not authorized. That piece of shit has beeped me 3 times this month. It's good it saw that I wasn't in the mood.

I see my former teacher sitting at his desk. He raises his head as I walk in. "Oh, Valentina. What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Well first of all can you get this out?" I ask as I take off my jacket and turn around so he can see.

"HOLY SHIT, the fuck you've been up to? How did it get this deep?" He asks. "Just a bit of being kidnapped and almost dying in an explosion. Also driving here drunk." I say.

"Jesus." He says.

I lie down on the bed and show him the damage. He starts removing them. Right now I am so drunk I don't feel anything. I fall asleep after a few minutes.

I wake up still in the bed covered in bandages. How did I end up here?

Oh yes I drove. Not my smartest decision, I must say. Still not my dumbest either. I get up and see teacher sitting there staring at me like I'm a five year old who has just lost her parents.

"I don't need your pity, so knock the staring." I say and get up. Great, now I have a back problem. You would have thought that this multimillion dollar operation would have great beds. You would be horrifyingly wrong.

"You came here from a near death experience with wounds on your back. Drunk. And you see no wrong in it?!" He says. "No." I simply say and leave.

I wonder if Lebedev is dead. I really don't care. I get into my car and get into my car to drive home. As I arrive the guards seem relieved. I park the car and get out to be greeted by everyone. Father, Luca, Giovanni, Antonio, Elijah and even Elijah's parents.

"WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD '' Antonio says and runs over on the verge of tears. "Why are you crying. I'm still here, am I not." I say. The others hurry over and start asking me questions. I'm not going to answer or rather I don't get the opportunity.

"Where is Lebedev?" I ask. Father answers fast "Hell". "Literally? City? Or like a torture chamber you call hell?" I ask. "Literally." He says. "Great." I say.

_______________________________________

Remember to comment, share and vote. I've been working on this as much as possible. :)

( 616 words)