Chapter 13

Elijah's POV:

I wake up with Valentina still in my arms. I loved being this close to her. I brushed her hair out of her face and she woke up.

"Oh did I wake you" I ask

"What do you think smartass?" She said sternly.

"I have to go back to my room or your brothers will tear me to pieces." I said and she nodded.

I got up and went to my room. It was already 7 am so I took a quick shower and changed into a suit. I went out of my room and knocked on Val's door to see if we could go to breakfast together.

She wasn't in her room so I went down to the dining room to see that everyone was already there. I sat down next to Kaya and we started talking.

"Yes, Valentina you're meeting your family today." Stefano said.

"What I have more family? I think this amount is just fine. My brain can't remember more than 15 names at a time." Valentina says as a frown starts appearing on her face.

"Then you'll have to be selective of who you remember the names of." Stefano says as he laughs.

" I guess so." Valentina says and continues eating.

Valentina's POV:

I guess I can't say no to meeting my family anyways so there's no need to refuse. It's true that I really can't remember many names at a time. I think my last brain cells are doing their best to remember people's names but it just isn't enough.

I can easily remember Stefano, Luca, Giovanni, Alessandro, Elijah, Kaya, Bernardt Renney Klowserman my ratchet father and my abusive mother Helena Rodreicht Klowserman. But for other people I just have to think about it. It isn't like I just can't remember names. It's more like I just have to dig a bit.

It's kind of scary how I can learn 16 languages but I can not for the life of me remember the name of the guy in the reseption that I pass everyday.

I am really lucky they didn't want me to take their last name. It just sounds like you've been doing drugs. Rossi just sounds much less tiring to say. But that's about everything I'm grateful for about our acquaintance.

After our breakfast I went up to change into my dress since they are all coming over for brunch. After changing I just layed in bed trying to figure out how to talk to them.

 After changing I just layed in bed trying to figure out how to talk to them

I get up since it's 12 am already and I have to go down. I meet Luca on the stairs and we enter brunch together. I was so overwhelmed since there are about 30 people here including my father and my brothers.

Elijah and Kaya also came and waved to me. Kaya was already talking to some tall guys. Typical. She always throws herself over the tallest and biggest in the room. I guess that's just who she is.

Walk into the crowd and people are just swarming me like bees. I answered all of their questions and as a bonus I was being nice to them since they are my family and all even though I really hated crowds. That's why I only go into crowds when I intend on killing them all.

I finally got some space. Elijah seemed to be having a really boring conversation so I go up to Kaya and the guys and start having a friendly conversation.

By 3pm everyone was gone. That I was forever grateful for. One more minute and I would've killed them all. I lay down on the couch and close my eyes. Giovanni suddenly comes and throws my feet off the couch and sits down forcing me to sit upright .

"No need to take up the whole couch." He said.

"There are plenty of other couches you could sit on," I said.

"I just felt this couch gave off a really glowing aura, turns out that wasn't the case at all. Quite the opposite" He said

"Fuck off" I said kindly.

"Woah who said you could say something like that to me?" He asked as he started laughing.

"My gun" I said in a serious manner.

Just at that moment Alessandro entered.

"Do you also want to bother me?" I asked alessandro.

"Yes, yes I do" He answered.

"Alright come sit, I'm already Giovanni's therapist so why not you as well." I said.

"What part of our conversation were you counseling me? Giovanni asked.

"I'm treating your boredness with some rough love." I said to him. We both started smiling.

"So what's your problem?" I asked Alessandro.

"Well, I just got news from myself that they are closing that nice fried chicken place." He said

"WHAT NO, you're kidding right." Giovanni said.

I got up from the couch and slapped them both in the back of their heads. " Get some real problems" I said and left.

_______________________________________

Remember to like, share and vote. I've been working on this as much as possible. :)

(864 words)