Chapter 21

I look up at him disgusted. I grunt and start walking away into the ballroom. He grabs me and asks, "Ты говоришь по-русски?(You speak russian?)"

"да(yes)" I say and pull my hand towards me to get his hand off my wrist.

I walk up to my dad who was talking to Elijah's dad at the moment and say, "I think I just did what you said not to do."

"Who did you speak to?" He asks. "The russian guy. His name was.... Anton Lebedev" I say.

"How the fuck did you do that?" He asked. "I was going out of the bathroom and he bumped into me."

"Alright fine, I'll take care of it just stay away from him." He says. " Will do" I say, starting to walk away I wink at him and gesture finger guns at him.

I look around for Elijah and see him talking to four girls. I walk over to him and place my arm around his.

"Is this what you do when I'm not watching?" I ask. The girls are looking at me like I've assaulted someone or something. Well, don't try to steal my man bitches.

"Val! There you are. Where were you?" He asks. "I'll tell you about it afterwards." I say.

I turn to the four girls that are staring at us. "And who are you guys?" I ask. "Don't you know who we are?" They ask, looking all bitchy. "I wouldn't have asked if I knew would I?" I say.

"We're the daughters of the american mafia don's subordinates, Ally,Jenine, Kallie and I'm Haylee." Haylee said. " Hello nice to meet you, I'm Valentina, Stefano's daughter." I say. They look surprised. I guess they came fashionably late. "The Italian don's d-daughter?" Ally stutters.

I nodd. "We have to go somewhere," Haylee says and all four leave. "Wow they are something special. By that I mean bitches." I say to Elijah.

"Yeah, It is supposed to be one of them that will become my wife." He says.

"Now that's just sad and horrifying." I say.

"Yes, I agree. But maybe I could marry you instead." He says.

"If that is what our fathers want then I'll get married to you." I say a little flustered that he would bring up the subject so suddenly.

"Alright." He says. We walk around a bit talking to my brothers and their friends.

(9 pm)

We've been here for 3 hours already, I've had four glasses of wine and two glasses of champagne. I seem to be the only one that wants to lie down on the floor and roll into a ball.

I am pretty sure we have spoken to all the people here.

"Can't we go yet?" I ask Elijah.

"Yes, we'll just go to Stefano and my father first." He says.

"Fine" I say. My feet are aching from these heels. We walk up to our fathers. They seem to be having a good time, laughing and smiling. I've never seen Stefano like this before. But I've only known him for like a week.

"Hello dad." Elijah says. "Son!" His father says and turns to me. "You're Valentina right. I don't think we have been formally introduced to each other. I'm Isak Blaine" He says. "Hello" I say.

We talk for another 20 minutes before we leave. The limo's are already waiting there. "Elijah and Isak will be taking the limo together with Valentina and me." My father said. My brothers get into the limo behind us and we get into the first one.

The car's leave the venue and my father says "Alright here's the thing. I didn't want to rush you into marriage so soon but.." Isak resumed with "We want you to get married!" Isak was a very happy type. I never imagined him like that.

I grabbed Elijah's hand and squeezed it as hard as I could. Elijah had a big smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry, if you don't want to we can postpone it." My father says. He is so careful in his words.

I start to tear up and sit next to my father. I hug him and say. "Don't be sorry. I want to get married to Elijah." I smile.

"I have a few conditions though" I say and let go of him. "Yes, yes tell them please. I'll do them all for you" Isak said eagerly.

"First, We are getting married after my birthday. Well, that's kind of self explanatory since we will both be 18 after my birthday." I say. All three nod even Elijah.

"Two, don't make me do the wedding planning. It's enough to have to try on the way to big, way to extravagant dresses."

"Three. This is for you Elijah. Don't become groomzilla please."

"Four, this is the most important. I don't want to live in your house. I want to live very close but not in the same house. That's just awkward." I say.

"We can do all that." My father says staring at Isak. Isak just nods.

I move to the seat next to Elijah. I fall asleep on his shoulder after a while.

(40 minutes later)

I wake up to Elijah poking my forehead. "What?" I ask. " We're here." Elijah says. I open my eyes and look up to see that my father wasn't there. "Where's father?" I say yawning. "Oh, you'll be staying here for a while.". " Fine" I say.

Elijah and I had almost back-to-back birthdays. Our birthdays are 4 days apart. So our wedding isn't far away. Shit wait, this wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to be on a plane back to new york city tomorrow.

I guess this is actually better though. Elijah grabs my hand and drags my out of the car. It was also a very big house, but it was very much in the middle of nowhere.

"where are we?" I ask. "My family's house here in Italy. it's only 10 minutes away from your house." He says. That's kind of weird. I didn't see any forest when driving around. But this is still 10 minutes by car so it's fine.

 But this is still 10 minutes by car so it's fine

We walk into the house. There aren't a lot of people. Only a few maids and a chef. Just how I like it. We walked into the living room to see his mother. She was really pretty. She still looks 30. I want to know her secrets.

"Hello, Valentina was it?" She says. " Ah yes, hello" I say. "I'm Jen Blaine. I heard you were engaged" She says. "Yes mother." Elijah says. "We will take our leave since we are very tired." Elijah continues.

We go up to his room. I almost forgot that we will be sharing a bed from now on.

"When will our engagement be known?" I ask. "It's probably pretty known now, my mother is a real gossip." He says. I giggle a bit.

We enter the room. I take a shower really quick and change into a t-shirt Elijah gave me. I jumped into bed as Elijah was in the shower now. I just read a book for a while until he finishes.

"Were you waiting for me?" He asks.

" No, I was catching up on some reading." I say. I place the book on the nightstand and lie my head on the pillow facing Elijah. He draws me close and whispers"You're not allowed to leave me" into my ear. " I won't" I whisper back into his ear.

_______________________________________

Remember to Comment, share and vote. I've been working on this as much as possible. :)

(1258 words)