❥ 21| moon

THE CLICKING OF THE pen was seriously starting to annoy me

THE CLICKING OF THE pen was seriously starting to annoy me. Even though it was me who was actually clicking it in the first place.

I was stuck in another lecture of tell-tale signs that a psychologist should be able to identify from patients. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely loved psychology and everything to do it, and couldn't wait till the day I could finally become the clinical psychologist that I'd dreamed of becoming ever since I could remember, but this was seriously starting to become repetitive.

We'd already had a couple of lectures similar to this previously, and judging by the looks on my classmates' faces, they weren't very interested with what the professor had to say either.

I sighed, shuffling around in my seat, offering the girl next to me a tentative smile when she lifted her face off from the desk, a red line on her cheek formed from her beauty sleep. She shot me a suspicious look, and I looked away, thanking God when my phone vibrated in my bag, finding me a reprieve. I dug around in my jungle of a bag, and after no little effort — because no matter how hard a woman tried to organise her bag, it always magically messed itself up — I took my phone out to see my husband's name flashing on the screen.

I stared at it curiously, but after taking a look around, I ducked lower and put the phone to my ear. Since I was sitting near the back, there weren't that many people that I'd potentially annoy with my whispering.

"Hello?"

"Come out with me."

"What?"

"I'm waiting for you outside."

I blinked. Huh? "I'm in class, Zayaan. Why are you outside?"

"I'm taking you somewhere. And I had a feeling that you really didn't want to be in class right now — that you needed an escape — so I decided to come pick you up," he informed me.

"Where are you taking me?" I tried to whisper, but didn't think I exactly achieved that.

"It's a surprise. So, you coming or what?"

"Yeah, yeah. Coming, coming." I gathered my belongings as I stood up and jogged down the stairs, feelings a few pairs of eyes on my back and shot the professor an apologetic look. "Isn't your partner supposed to be a good influence on you? But here you are, corrupting my education already and we haven't even been married for a whole month."

I heard him laugh, and the sound warmed something inside of me. "Maybe I should leave then? And leave you to get your education?"

"No, no. It's fine. Don't you dare leave." I warned seriously, feeling my breath catch in my throat as I jogged through the halls and past the giant entrance doors. "I needed a break, anyway."

I spotted Zayaan, leaning against his Mercedes, parked right in front of my university, looking like he stepped out of a photo shoot as usual. He raised a hand in greeting, and I ran over to him, a wide smile forming on my face.