Chapter 46

Unexpected Visitor

"Wah I can't believe you're actually back and still the same height as always!"

Yeona exclaimed, her eyes sparkling innocently despite the remark she had made as she looked at Minho from head to toe.

"Please, if I didn't grow taller, why do you look shorter than before?"

Minho teased with a cheeky smirk. He let out a laugh before wrapping his arm around her neck and ruffling her hair with the other hand. Yeona whined as she sulked before wrapping her arms around him and started tickling his ribcage, causing Minho to let out the loudest laugh.
However, suddenly, they heard the doorbell ring. Yeona rushed towards the door but Minho made it to the door before she could. They wrestled playfully for a few seconds before finally opening the door. Before them, was Yoongi dressed head to toe black with a jacket in his hands.
His eyes immediately diverted to Yeona's arms that were wrapped around Minho's waist. However, he maintained his signature poker/disinterested look. Yeona stared at him in shock as she let go of her brother immediately. Minho just shot her a cheeky look before saying,

"Well, I guess I'll make some noodles for you, bAbe."

Yeona initially grimaced before seeing Yoongi's face that was once emotionless slowly showing hints of annoyance. Her eyes went wide as she just stared at him with her mouth open.

"You left your jacket in the store and I wanted to return it to you but I see you're busy. Goodbye,"

Yoongi muttered before handing her the jacket and turning around. Yeona grabbed his wrist without even thinking and they both froze at the spot.

"Please don't go! He's my brother! My older brother! He was teasing me and calling me babe because he thought-"

"Do you think I care?"

Yoongi interrupted Yeona. His ice cold gaze pierced through her as she felt her heart drop. Somehow, Yoongi's usual cold and distant tone and gaze hurt her today. It hurt more than usual.

"No, you don't... I just thought you'd- never mind... "

Yeona muttered, her eyes filling up with tears as she felt herself getting increasingly frustrated with herself. Why was she even upset? Yoongi always treated everyone like this.

"I'm sorry,"

She heard Yoongi mutter as her head shot up immediately. She stared at him in awe as her jaw was about to hit the ground. She hesitantly looked around before pointing at herself and mouthing "me?"

"I shouldn't have been so rude. Honestly, I could've given you the jacket the next time we have the same shift but I wanted to come over,"

Yoongi muttered, his face and ears getting increasingly red as Yeona could hardly believe her ears or eyes.

"I like you, Yeona."