Chapter 8

Unexpected Acquaintance

"W-Why would you want to see my mother, you creep!"

Gayoung yelled defensively, visibly scared but masking it with fake anger. Her legs were shaking violently and were nearly collasping as she stared at Hoseok who just let out a melodious laugh.
Her fear slowly faded as her heart started fluttering just hearing his light laughter that floated in the night. His smile shone brighter than the stars that speckled all over the night sky. The view tonight really was beautiful.

"Mrs Cho is your mother? What a coincidence!"

He exclaimed, his eyes and face beaming and glowing as he ran towards her front door without hesitation. Eyes wide with shock, Gayoung chased after him, yelling,

"Wait! What the phuk? What are you doing?!"

However, before she could stop him, he already opened the door and entered. She sprinted towards the door and slammed it wide open to see her mother welcoming Hoseok with open arms and hugging him tightly. Gayoung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and suspicion.

"Oh my! Hoseok-ah! What are you doing here?"

Her mother asked, her cheekbones unable to go down as she pulled away from the hug and held onto his both arms and looked at Hoseok with utmost love and affection. Hoseok also held onto her arms as he let out a shy laugh, turning his head to the side to hide his embarrassment of how much affection she was showering him with.

"I came here to collect Mickey's eye drops,"

Hoseok said, smiling sadly as Gayoung's mother's face turned into shock as she grabbed onto the sides of her head.

"I completely forgot you were coming by today! I'm so sorry! Give me a moment..."

Immediately, she started running towards her room. Gayoung stared at the scene unfolding before her eyes in confusion. Her mother was a veterinarian which meant that Hoseok was here for his dog, Mickey's, eye drops. Why would a dog need eye drops?
Completely confused, Gayoung just sat on her couch, staring at her phone and trying to distract herself. However, her eyes kept looking up and towards her side where Hoseok stood politely at the entrance of the house.
Gayoung felt immensely awkward and embarrassed and opened her mouth, about to say something when her mother came rushing from her room with a tiny bottle of what seemed like eye drops. She ran towards Hoseok, and placed the bottle in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, Hoseok-ah. I've been so busy with everything that I completely forgot you were coming! I'm so ashamed to even make you pay for the eye drops at the vet shop without giving you the product and now I forgot your appointment and wasted your time!"

Hoseok just smiled and linked his arms with Gayoung's mother. Gayoung glanced suspiciously at the both of them. Since when were they so close?

"It's okay, ahjumma, I completely understand,"

Soon after, Hoseok had left and Gayoung scrambled to her mother's side and asked in curiosity,

"Eomma, who was that?"

"Ah, just a client of mine. His dog has cataracts, so he bought some eye drops for his dog,"

Gayoung suddenly felt a pang of guilt from how rude she treated Hoseok when his dog was sick. And for the next few hours laying in her bed,  Gayoung could not stop thinking about Hoseok.