Chapter #24

I watched Mr. Filch pound yet another frame up on the wall, containing a rule as did all the others surrounding it.

Stupid, the whole thing is stupid.

Now that Umbridge discovered the room of requirement, I was certain that the D.A. classes are over now.

My knowledge of the whole thing was missing pieces... which always seemed to anger me. So I went to him, I didn't want to, but he was the only one who'd know —considering he was part of Umbridges little circle — and be kind enough to tell me.

The flagstone flashed beneath my feet as I headed for the library — I'd heard him earlier saying he was going there to study, which now that I think of it, was odd because he wouldn't usually go in the public to study, willingly.

I arrived sooner that I thought, my feet stopping at the door as it flung inwards — luckily, away from me. I could imagine myself being knocked over by it.

"Draco." Popped out as soon as I saw his blonde hair a few inches above me.

"Y/l/n." He walked right past me, his eyes glued to the words on the book he was holding. I followed, circling myself in front of him as soon as I caught up.

"Would you — just listen." I slapped the book closed with my palms, shuffling the spine to my side as I stared up to him.

"What do you want, Y/l/n?" He sounded annoyed — for no apparent reason.

"What happened with the room of requirement?"

"You were there."

"No, not that part. I mean in Umbridges office after — after she found out about the D.A." Whispering to keep the conversation ours, I noticed his expression getting more and more confused as I spoke.

"What D.A. are you on about?" And the realization hit me like a fucking train.

"You — you didn't? Oh." I took a few steps back from him, I was a bit disappointed with myself — how could I be so stupid? "Just — have this then and I'll be going." I shoved the book into his chest as he looked down at me with a puzzled expression.

"Y/n, the fuck is a D.A." He followed.

"Don't worry about it, Draco." I said back to him, speeding my pace to get away.

"No. Fuck — c'mon!" He swung me around quickly, holding me still with his hands buried into my shoulders.

"I said it's nothing!" I yelled, my voice bounced off the walls. He nodded, clearly annoyed and angry with me.

"Room of requirement, I see." He cocked his eyebrows before releasing me and walking in the opposite direction.

Fuck.

"Draco — would you — stop!" I struggled to pull him to a halt, giving up I watched him turn the corner, then he was gone.

Fucking bitch.

-

Forgetting my earlier conversation and the accidental slip of knowledge I heard my name a few times. In his voice —something I never thought I'd hear.

"Harry?" I turned to my right — he was storming over to me. And before I could say or do anything he was grabbing my arm and pulling me in — somewhere. "Harry, what are you doing?"

"You told him."

Shit.

"I'm sorry." I said quickly, almost panicking. "I thought he knew, I thought he — "