Chapter #14

About four months with Harry today. It felt like it did in the films, we never argued, we never yelled. Everything was perfect, and content.

Hermione and I had gotten close and I spent most my nights with Harry, to avoid Malfoy. Being around him became harder and harder, the 'Are you a Gryffindor now?' Comments getting worse and worse. Pansy sat with me and Harry, I didn't want her to feel left of course. Sometimes I'd sleep with Hermione, felt bad for kicking Ron out so much. Ginny never warmed up to me but you never warm up to the girlfriend of the boy you fancy.

Sitting at my desk, halfway through transfiguration class I heard the door open. When the classroom door opens everyone always looks to see who it was. Looking behind me I expected Filch or another professor.

But it was Harry.

We had this class with Ravenclaw so seeing him here was random. I let out a small smile across my face. Harry's hands behind his back my smile faded. I glanced over to McGonagall quickly, she sat in her chair and nodded to me once my eyes met hers. I let out a confused look, still smiling a bit and turned back to Harry who was now walking towards me.

"Oh Harry please don't do this to me." I whispered to him, I felt my face getting hot from embarrassment. 'Sorry,' He mouthed still smiling to me. "Why are you doing this? Oh we're doing this." I whispered again, trying to hold in his laugh he approached me and he looked down to me. At this point everyone was watching us and McGonagall just smiled, she was in on this.

"Alright, I know I do something similar every month but," He moved his hands from behind his back to reveal a small bouquet of daisys. I smiled, shaking my head a little. He handed me the flowers then reached into his pocket, "This ones different, because this." Pulling out a small silver necklace from his pocket he laid it out on my books.

"This is cute." I laughed.

He stood awkwardly as I examined the small necklace. Moving my fingers over the smooth cold metal, smiling to myself watching the small green charm glisten in the light. I flipped it over, feeling the small engraved words on the back.

'anima aeternum.
- HP'

It was written in cursive, I smiled up to him and stood. Giving him a hug I smiled into his strong chest.

"I love it." I whispered up to him. Looking quickly over to McGonagall he kissed me on the cheek, giving her a small smile and rushing out of the classroom.

I sat again, clipping the necklace around my neck and fixing the small chain so the clip doesn't show. Fixing my hair I smiled and turned back, reaching into my bag for something. I caught his eyes, staring at me. His nose turned up and his face angry. I felt his cold glare from across the room and I stared back. I felt bad, he truly was one of my best friends. I kind of missed him.

"That was so sweet Y/n." Pansy turned to me and pulled my shoulder to face her. "Let me have a look." She grabbed the necklace gently and I tried to move my head back to him. "Hey," She looked over to Malfoy, looking back at me angrily. "No. Your super sweet boyfriend just brought you a beautiful necklace, and you're staring at a different boy. Don't do that."

"I wasn't staring."

"Oh, you two are always staring at each other."

"We aren't!" I turned forward again. In my peripheral vision I saw Pansy turn around and give him a dirty look.

"Look, it's fine to miss your best friend. But you can't go back to your boy crush."