Chapter #4

~

"But, this means nothing, right? People sleep with each other and never speak to each other again."

~

I felt like I was spinning. I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the roof. The tall roofs of the hospital wing. With its light tan lines and small details. I tried to focus on one line, following it to its end. But my vision would blur every 7-8 seconds.

"Y/n! You're awake!" I heard, then I heard him rushing from a nearby chair to my bed. "I'm so sorry. I was scared that I- I thought that maybe I- " I blinked several times, trying to obtain my vision long enough to identify who the hell was talking.

"Neville? What are you doing here?" I sat up, finally able to see Neville. He had a worried look on his face, and he ran his hands through his hair several times. "You... you waited for me?"

"Of course! I was scared I did this to you? Did I do this to you?" His breathing speed up, and he starting biting his lower lip.

"Neville! Neville calm down! I'm fine, really. This isn't you're fault. It's- " I heard the door slam open as he strutted in, angrily.

"Longbottom! Was this your doing?!" He grabbed his robes, fuming.

"N- No! I swear!" He was trembling.

"Malfoy stop!" I got out of bed and pushed him off of poor Neville. "I had a panic attack! Neville was just there to... catch me?" I noticed my head was hurting. "Neville? Did you catch me?"

"I tried... but I dropped you. A couple times... I'm really sorry y/n" He looked ashamed and scared. Again, he bit his lower lip.

"YOU DROPPED HER? YOURE DEAD LONGBOTT- " He fumed, pounding over to Neville.

"CALM. THE FUCK. DOWN. Right now!" I pushed him again, this time into the bed I was laying in before.

"I- I- I'm sorry! I hope I haven't caused any damage!" Neville looked down at me, he was actually a very tall, handsome, boy when you looked at him close enough. I slightly smiled up to him.

"Neville. I promise I'm fine. You should head to class, really. I'll be fine." I hugged him and gave him a reassuring look and sent him off.

"Oh. Erm- alrighty then. Feel better." He said weakly, blushing.

"Oh and Neville!" I shouted to him, "Thank you, I really appreciate you staying!"

"No problem." He smiled.

My mood changed almost instantly as I looked over and his proud face. "Are you kidding me? NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM! OF ALL THE IDIOTS IN THE SCHOOL TO PICK A FIGHT WITH AND YOU CHOOSE NEVILLE? He's the sweetest guy here Malfoy! What is wrong with you?"

"That's his problem. He's sweet and he's weak. Honestly, I'm just helping him really. And what? You feel sympathy for him now don't you. Your pathetic." He crossed his legs and put his hands behind his head. I walked over to the bed, looking down at him and crossing my arms.

"You know he has anxiety of some sort? Why would you do that to him!?" He sat up so he was looking up to me, crossing his legs like we did when we were five years old.

"His anxiety is his problem. It shouldn't affect me. I like this." He smiled weakly.

"Like what? Being a dick?" I scoffed.

"Yes. But I also like this. You yelling at me and me making small comments just to get under your skin." He said the word 'skin' and trailed up my arms. It sent shivers up my spine. As he finished his sentence he stood up, taller than me by at least four inches.