Literally Overwhelmed, But Love You Too - 11

Start from the beginning

--

--

"Surprise! Happy birthday!" I waved to Bracia over my head and walked by Ginny with Marcus to my locker that was close by to where they were talking. "You guys really didn't have to do all this." She was ecstatic and the girls waved their hands dismissively, saying it was mostly Max. "It was all Max, actually." Maxine yanked on my sister like a puppet on a string. "I'm so happy you moved here. I don't know what I would have done without you. It would have been like Drake and Josh, but no Josh. Just Drake. But not Drake Drake. Drake. We should all go to a concert together." Marcus and I laughed at his whacko sister. Ginny honestly didn't really add to their conversations and as much as I love my sister, I don't think our moving here made that much of a difference on Maxine. But I was glad she was nagging someone other than me. 

Abby looked tired of her overdramatic speech, "OK. Yeah, we get it, Max. Yeah, Ginny's the best. You're amazing. You're the best, and I'm just over it. I'm so over it. And I...I have to go to class." I thought it was kind of bitchy of her, as did her other friends, But I also got how she was feeling on some level. She'd been best friends with Maxine for way longer than Ginny had and she was already the favorite. Her parents were always screaming and she probably didn't feel important at home, either. Norah had a boyfriend and probably didn't care as much for Max's opinion. But Abby even felt second place with Press, her crush, and the opinion of someone who felt that she was first place was really needed, in her case. I went to go talk to her when I saw something I wish I could scratch out of my mind. 

"I'm scarred for life." Marcus buried his head in my arm. "Me too, Marcus, me too." It was worse than the song, the Snapchats, the Happy Friday. The infamous tap dance. I shuddered at the thought of it after Hunter had already walked off with Ginny. If she didn't dump him soon, I would beat her up. That was scary. A jumpscare.

Later in the day I overheard yet another conversation, "I think I'm ready to have sex with Hunter." I turned around, stunned, "After that conjuring seance this morning, I don't even want him in our house. You do you I guess, bitch." Ginny giggled and responded, "Why do you always hate on PDA, but then do it all the time? Don't you kiss..I mean.." She realized she wasn't supposed to say anything in front of Maxine. "It's because I'm always the attractive couple people wanna see in public. But you should stay inside, though." She laughed again and turned around. Maxine gave me a face, but decided to turn around too, I guess. I think she's gonna back off a bit now that she has a girlfriend. Good enough for me.

"This is perfect. We'll lose our virginities together. Not in the same room together, 'cause that would be insanely creepy, but doing it the same night is such a best friend bonding thing." Whack job!!

--

I sat across the lawn from my house with my boyfriend. We sat on this cute little blow up couch his mom bought, watching my brother play soccer with Paul. Paul praised my brother as we looked on, "You're a natural. You should join the team, bud." Austin shook his head, a little worried look on his face. I swallowed and Marcus squeezed my hand. I knew Paul would probably comfort him, but I didn't like seeing him sad. "Things like that give me stomachaches." Paul kicked the ball back and gave him a warm glance. "Yeah. It's OK to be nervous." Austin nodded and kicked the ball, "That's what Ginny says. When I'm nervous, she takes me on vacation. So does Y/n." Paul questioned, 'vacation?'

"In books. We go on vacation in books. But Y/n has money, so she brings me on real vacations. To the beach, to the amusement park, she brought me on a food road trip once." Paul had a warm smile on his face when he spoke next. "Well, those are very fun sisters you have." He agreed excitedly, "They're the best. But Ginny said that Wellsbury's weird. I don't wanna go back to school."

"Why not?" He shrugged and kicked the ball back. "'Cause everyone thinks I'm weird." I frowned and Marcus put his arm around me. "He's okay." Even though he reassured me, I still wanted to comfort him. "Weird, huh?" He tried to subtly help. He started doing awkward little motions. "Is that weird?" Austin nodded, "Yes." He did it again, "Hmm? Is this weird?" Austin said 'yes' again. "What if I walked like this? This. Is this weird?" Austin giggled and responded with a yes again. "Then be weird with me, man. Show me what you got!" They started dancing around and being weird, Paul occasionally encouraging him, "Come on! Come on. Yeah, there we go. No, really cut loose. See? Getting weird's fun, man." I smiled and chuckled under my breath a bit. "You're right, Marcus. He's fine." He looked at me in a weird way I hadn't seen him ever look at me before. It seemed kind of loving, comforting, and warm. "Do you want kids? I know that's like an awkward question to ask, but I was just wondering. Or...maybe I should've kept my mouth shut...?"