Chapter Forty | The Talk Pt. 2

——————— ♛ ♛ ♛———————

 After dinner ended, Robert asked Darrel to speak with him in the library. She agreed and followed her father to the room, where he went to the drink cart and began to pour two glasses of scotch.

"Papa, what is wrong?" Darrel inquired as she sat down.

"What makes you think that something is the matter?" Robert replied as he passed her a glass.

"People do not offer scotch late at night to tell somebody good news."

Robert could not help but chuckle lightly since his daughter had a point. He took a deep breath as he took a seat across from her.

"I would not exactly call it bad news," Robert assured. "More...some advice from a concerned father."

"And what is this advice?" Darrel asked.

"I am worried about your relationship with Sebastian."

Darrel rolled her eyes and got to her feet, "Again, Papa? It's been three years."

"Darrel, please listen to me. I have not always been a fan of Sebastian, but I am concerned about you."

The Princess of Wales gave him a suspicious glance but sat back down. While she felt that Robert might have some genuine concerns, she doubted they were serious since he had not appeared to have told Cora. He had not told anyone what he wanted to speak to Darrel about when he asked her to stay behind.

"I am worried about Sebastian's behaviour," Robert informed. "And I am afraid that he will not change, and you will be in an unhappy marriage."

"What behaviour is this, Papa?" Darrel sighed. "If this is the fact that he tried to fight you before, it was usually your fault. And you were the one who punched him three years ago."

"Well, that is part of it. I have noticed that Sebastian is prone to violence. When he visited with JF a little while ago, he was close to attacking me, and his cousin had to stop him."

"I admit that Sebastian may have a bit of a temper, but he always has the best intentions."

"So far...but there might be quite a bit that you do not know about him. How do you know that you can trust him?"

"I love Sebastian, and he loves me. I would trust him with my life."

"Darling, you cannot afford to give him the benefit of the doubt in this situation."

"What situation are you talking about?" Darrel demanded, starting to feel irritated that Robert was once again speaking against her fiancé.

"I know that he goes out drinking every night and that you stay up at night full of worry when he does not return to the Palace."