Bonus Chapter | School Years

——————— ♛ ♛ ♛———————

Juan Fernando Carlos (JF) stood outside of the dean's office, waiting for his friend to emerge. He read the letter from his younger cousin Sebastian which arrived that morning. He spent most of the letter complaining about his nanny and continued to talk about how Their Majesties did not let him attend a ball.

JF laughed when someone snatched the letter out of his hands. He glanced up to see a tall young man with curly auburn hair, dark brown eyes, and an arrogant smirk.

"Excuse me, that is my letter," JF informed, as calmly as he could muster.

"Excuse me, I do not care," he laughed.

"Can I have my letter back, please?"

"Why? What is it? A romantic letter?"

"No, but it is my property."

"Of course, that was a silly question; who would send you a romantic letter? Your looks are...average, and you do not seem to understand English fashion."

JF's eyes narrowed, causing the other man to laugh again then he glanced at the letter. JF straightened as the other man's eyes narrowed. Sebastian only wrote his letters in Spanish, meaning the other man could not understand them.

"Why is this in a secret language?" The man demanded.

"It is in Spanish," JF shrugged. "It is not my fault that you cannot read it."

"You cannot talk to me like that."

"You cannot steal my letter."

"Do you not know who I am?"

"No, and I do not care."

"Well, I am Perseus Chadwick, the Duke of Dulverton."

JF nodded and started down the hall, but Perseus stepped in front of him.

"Please, get out of my way," JF requested.

"No, thank you," Perseus smirked. "I am not sure how society works in Spanish, but I am a duke. Therefore, you must treat me with more respect. After all, I am your superior."

"You took my letter! You cannot lecture me about treating others with respect."

"As I said, I am your superior. I can do as I like."

"Very well, do as you like with the letter. Now please, leave me alone."

"Or what?"

JF pushed past Perseus, but the duke shoved him against the wall. JF did not bother to fight back, knowing that he could beat him easily and that his guards were nearby.

"Despite being Spanish, you do not know how to fight?" Perseus taunted.

"Leave me alone or I promise you, you will regret it," JF threatened.