Ch.24 All I Need

Ash

I held Eiji close. Holding back a smile when I felt him snuggle into my chest and breathe in. I wanted to hold his face in my hands and kiss him all over. But, I had to deal with the assholes first. "It doesn't surprise me you two know eachother." They took a step away from each other and said in unison, "We don't." I gave them a look that let them know they're completely stupid if they thought I believed them. Lyla sighed and approached me. She grabbed Eiji's shoulder and pulled him away from me. Away from me. I let out a deep growl. She just smiled by his ear and my gaze flicked to Eiji. He was looking at me with the biggest most innocent brown eyes. His mouth was partly open and he was obviously confused. He looked to the right where Lyla's face was and back to me. Lyla was smirking and leaning even closer to him. She was watching me. Waiting for a reaction. And I was gonna give her one. I relaxed my face from a snarl and leaned back onto a pillar that was behind me. She looked confused, obviously expecting me to explode. So I took advantage of her bewilderment. I grabbed Eiji's hand and pulled him to me. We were now in the same position as before. I clutched him to me then gripped his arm gently and tugged him behind me. Lyla laughed and shook her head. What is going on here? What is with them. All of a sudden I remembered Jackson existed and looked behind Lyla. He was standing there with a stern look and his arms crossed. I slid sideways and grabbed Eiji's hand, walking away. I heard Lyla yell out "Wai-," but she was cut off. I discreetly looked at them and saw Jackson whispering something to her. I suddenly felt a stinging pain in my chest. Lyla was my friend. I trusted her, when I never trusted anyone else. How did she hide her true self so well? How did she keep that facade up for so long? I hadn't suspected a thing. I guess what I heard is true. The worst thing about betrayel is...it never comes from an enemy.

_________

Eiji

We walked away from them and deeper into the mall. I was so confused. Why were they both here? Coincidence? No. Not that. Then, did they know eachother? But how? Why? I guess those were the main questions. Why were they trying to separate us? Suddenyl my heart hurt. Not as bad as when I thought I lost Ash, but it still hurt. I thought Jackson wanted to apologize for our past? I thought he... 'that's what you get for being naive.' No. 'Oh yeah.' Not the voice. I don't want to talk to you. 'You also didn't want to be a failure to everyone around you either. But here you are. Disappointing Ash. And truth be told your parents. When was the last time you called them? Hmm? They think you don't care. And now neither do they. They've forgotten about you.' I clenched Ash's hand and began to shake. It was true wasn't it? But Ash said that- 'He was talking out of pity.' No he wasn't. He wouldn't. He would never. I felt Ash stop walking and turn toward me. "What's wrong? Did they do anything to you?" I shook my head. Feeling like I'm about to cry, Ash pulled me into a nearby restroom. He pushed the door open and let go of my hand. I wanted to go into a stall to cry alone but instead Ash lifted me. With a squeal I wrapped my legs around his waist and his hands went to my thighs, mine going around his neck. He placed me on the counter, minding the sinks, and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. I told Ash about the voice before, just not what it says. He could never know. I just looked down and whispered, "The voice came back for a second." He nodded and began to stroke my hair. I lightly kicked my legs forward and back like a child. He was still between my legs and just petting me gently. If I could purr I would. But instead I sighed and leaned into his touch with closed eyes. Ash hummed and then talked very smoothly. "I love you so much, you know that right?" I nodded and looked down, suddenly flustered. He gave a cheeky smile and stroked my hair once more before continuing to my face. Cupping my cheeks and pulling me in. He kissed me gently and I moved in time with his. It was warm and soft and so right. I melted under his touch and let it consume me. Eating the voice away. Nothing remained but the most sincere love. He was perfect. And I couldn't even think whether I deserved him or not with his lips on mine. The only thing I knew was that I wanted him. I wanted it all. I wanted all of him. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "I love you to." I didnt realize my cheeks were wet until I spoke and heard the raspiness in my voice. His thumb wiped away my tears and kissed next to my eyes. This was all I needed. He was all I needed.

So I wrote this at a graduation and they started playing a sad song for the parents and it inspired me to interpret that emotion. It was a really pretty song too. Anyway, hope you liked it! Bye coolest people ever.