Bonus Chapter:4

Today was the day.

Today was the day that Zane and I were moving out. He was moving out of his house, and I was moving out of mine. We debated on moving in together, since we were going to the same college, but we decided on living in the dorms for our first year. Zane was the one who convinced me, he said I needed to experience college in the way it was meant to be experienced.

I was helping him pack up his room, which was dramatically easier than we packed up my room. He was organized, neat and tidy. I was not, my room was a disaster of lost items, all of them packed in places they didn't belong.

I heard Zane's grunt of frustration from behind me, as he tried to pick up a suitcase filled with his close. I chuckled, casting my eyes down to his desk and opening the drawer on the right side. To my surprise, it was empty.

Then, I saw it. Hidden in the very back, almost invisible in the dark of the cabinet, was a thin CD case. I pulled it out, examining the clear plastic that showcased a silver disk contained inside. It held no hints of what it was, a complete mystery.

"What is this?" I turned towards Zane, the disk in my hand.

Zane looked at it like he didn't know the answer, before a look of recognition fell over his features. He walked up to me, taking the CD case from my hand and smiling down at it. He shook his head, and I saw the way his cheeks tinted pink.

"What?" I asked again, a smile forming on my own face.

Thats the thing about Zane smiles, they always made me smile too.

"It's, uh, well... this is old." Zane spoke quietly. He opened the case, taking the CD between his hands. He walked over to his bed, where his laptop was sitting, and inserted the CD into his computer. He was silent for a moment as he waited, using his fingers to navigate the computer screen.

Finally, he looked up at me. "Do you remember the day we went to the bridge?"

I searched back in my memories, it was hard to find what I was looking for. My memories of that time were clouded with a thick fog. Partly due to the pills I was taking, and partly due to the trauma. After a minute, I nodded my head. I remembered it, it was the night we went to O's house, the night I met Cassidy.

"Do you remember what happened before that? When we were sitting outside the school. You were smoking, and you said to me- maybe I'm not that kind of girl, the one boys write a song about."

I titled my head at him. I was surprised he could remember my words, after the many months it's been. It seemed like such an insignificant thing to remember.

"Well," Zane continued when I didn't answer. "I wrote one for you. That night I went home and tried my best. I'm not a singer, so it's kind of rough. I did play the guitar though, it's my hidden talent."

I felt my stomach erupt in butterflies at his words, and they only intensified when he pressed the play button. A singular guitar began to play, filling my ears with the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

Or so I thought, before Zane's voice filled the air.

"It's the way that you blush when you're nervous.
It's your ability to make me earn this.
I know that you're tired, just let me sing you to sleep.
It's about how you laugh out of pity,
'Cause lets be honest I'm not really that funny.
I know that you're shy, just let me sing you to sleep.
If you need anything, just say the word.
I mean anything.
Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,
Plant my lips where your necklace is close.

It's those pills that you don't need to take,
Medicating perfection, now that's a mistake.
I know that you're spent, just let me sing you to sleep.

It's your finger and how I'm wrapped around it.
It's your grace and it keeps me grounded.
I know that you're weak, just let me sing you to sleep.
If you need anything, just the say the word.
I mean anything.
Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,
Plant my lips where your necklace is close.

While you were sleeping I figured out everything,
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.
Now I feel your name, coursing through my veins.
You shine so bright it's insane, you put the sun to shame.
If you need anything, just the say the word.
I mean anything. (I really do)
Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,
Plant my lips where your necklace is close.
If you need anything, just the say the word.
I mean anything.
Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,
Plant my lips where your necklace is close."

I felt the tears free falling from my eyes as the music died down.

If there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind, even my own, there needn't be anymore.

I was going to marry this man.

AN: I did not write this song, it's the song called "Lullaby" by The Spill Canvas, all credits go to them.

This song was a MAJOR inspiration for how I wrote. It's just perfect! I hadn't heard of it until half way through writing this story, and I couldn't believe it when I did.