Epilouge

"This wig is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever ever worn." Austin gritted out from beside me, his hands adjusting the black, curly wig that was sitting on his head.

"You know what they say, nothing worth anything is ever easy." I smiled at him as I said it.

"Tell me why I had to be Cristina, when you're the one who actually has black hair?" He asked me, looking me up and down, and then pulling on a strand of my reddish blonde wig.

"I'm the main character Austin. Come on, you know that already." I rolled my eyes in a playful way, and I couldn't stop the giggle that came out of my mouth.

"Seren!" I heard my best friends voice calling me, and I turned around to see Cassidy running into our apartment.

"Cass!" I squealed, standing up from the couch and running over to her. I placed my hands on each of her shoulders, running my eyes down the assortment of garments she was wearing. It took me a minute, but soon enough, I got it.

"Dionne from Clueless?" I asked her, before the glorious thought of O wearing the matching costume peaked in my mind. "Does that mean..."

"Happy Halloween, bitches." O declared as he walked into the room. He was wearing a yellow plaid skirt, with the matching blazer. The blonde wig on his head was ratty and tangled. "It's me, Cher. Uh, as if!"

I frantically looked around, searching my eyes for Gavin. When I found him, and saw his 90's style girl clothes, I almost spit my drink out. How did Cassidy convince these two boys to wear skirts and wigs and dress up as the girls from Clueless?

"You're a virgin who can't drive." Gavin lowered his eyes at me when he said the line, but he was fighting his own laugh.

"Way harsh, Tai." I threw my arms around him as he approached me, giving him a hug. "Thank you guys for coming."

"We wouldn't miss it. Your first official party in your new apartment!" Cass gushed out, and she grabbed my hand. She squeezed it tightly, giving me a look that would rival a mother's proudness any day.

"It looks great in here, by the way." O said as he moved his eyes around the small apartment.

"You'll have to see it without the Halloween decorations." I told him, swatting a plastic bat that was hanging from the ceiling.

"Really? I thought these were permanent." Gavin added, his lips curled into a sarcastic smirk.

"Shut up." I smacked his arm, but even when Gavin was being a sarcastic smart ass, I couldn't be annoyed with him. He was one of my closest friends, after all.

I still remember the day I realized that I had real friends. It was about a year after Jax was arrested, and we were all celebrating my 19th birthday. We were having dinner, and I looked around the table. I looked at Gavin, O, Cassidy and Austin and felt such an overwhelming swell in my chest. To know that I had friends that actually cared about me, that actually checked in with me, that actually wanted me to succeed. It was worth more than any currency in the world.

They were the best type of friends. The type of friends that encouraged me to have good days, but understood when I was experiencing the bad ones. The type of friends that held my hand when I needed them, but also knew how to stand back and watch me shine.

"So what are you, a doctor?" Cass asked me, running her eyes up and down my dark blue scrubs.

"A doctor?" I asked her incredulously. "You mean the doctor? Dr. Meredith Grey?"

"Which makes you..." O mused as Austin walked up to join us.

"Cristina Yang." I answered for Austin. "My person."

"Wow, and here I thought I was your person." My favourite voice said into my ear. I felt my body slow down as his hands wrapped around my waist. I felt my heart relax as I inhaled his scent.

"Sorry, babe, but that title goes to A." I pressed my cheek against his, as his face had peeked over my shoulder.

"You tell him, love." Austin said from beside me, throwing me a small wink.

"Let me guess, McDreamy?" Gavin asked Zane, gesturing to his matching costume. Gavin made a whipped noise with his mouth.

"I had no choice, man. Look at this face." Zane moved beside me, pinching my cheeks in between his fingers. His eyes softened as I turned towards him, and he started to stroke my face instead. Zane's touch did to me what it always did to me, it gave me butterflies that felt like an earthquake inside me.

Even after three years, his touch still makes me weak.

"You look good as a blonde, baby, but I can't wait to see your dark hair again." Zane whispered into my ear.

I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks, at the tone of his voice. It was low and husky, and suddenly, I wanted everyone to leave. Even though the party had just started, I couldn't wait for it to be over, and to have Zane all to myself.

"Doesn't he... you know, not make it to the end? McDreamy?" O asked us, pulling me away from my less than crowd friendly thoughts of my boyfriend.

"Details." I waved my hand in the air. "That part doesn't matter. Meredith and Derek were a great love story. They had to fight for it, they had to pick each other. Just like us."

"I think Zane picked you a long time before you picked him." Cassidy giggled out, causing the rest of the group to laugh.

"She picked me when she was meant to pick me." Zane snaked his arms over my shoulders, bending his elbow and using his fingers to flick my jaw towards his face. He leaned into me, pressing his lips delicately against my own. Even after all the kisses we've shared, it still took my breath away.

I looked around at my friends. I watched as they smiled. I watched as they laughed. I watched as they talked. I felt the energy in the room, and there was only one word to describe it.

It was happiness, and that's all there was.

True happiness.

And peace, at long last.

I was owed a little peace, after all.