Percy: Finding Nemo Oneshot

A/N This is unrelated to the story, but I had a fun time writing it and wanted to post it!

“Hey! The popcorn!”

“Um… sorry.”

“NICO! It’s all gone!”

“I was a little hungry.

“More than a little, my Italian friend.”

“Give him a break! It’s his first time eating popcorn!”

Nico blushed. Percy didn’t need to see the boy’s face in the darkness to tell. He was too predictable sometimes.

A popcorn kernel crunched under to Percy. The screen flickered from the Doctor Who episode they had been watching to an image of… Marlin swimming in the ocean! Someone sighed. Percy guessed it was Piper. She shipped Tenpetals, and the screen had cut out as the two were about to say goodbye at Badwolf Bay. Piper had bet that they would end up traveling together longer, but Percy wasn’t so sure. But either way, he had heard Piper sniffling a little in the background.

“That was the remote, Seaweed Brain,” said Annabeth. Percy bit his lip.

“Oops?” he replied.

“Why are we watching Finding Nemo?” Piper complained. “I was preparing for the emotional drama of the long-awaited kiss between the Doctor and Rose under a dark starry sky. Then they would leap into the TARDIS, leaving Donna behind, dumbfounded in the darkness-.”

“It was afternoon,” said Annabeth.

“You would write good fanfiction,” said Percy.

“How would you know?” asked Annabeth skeptically.

“Um… no reason.” He totally hadn’t been reading Greek fanfic about Nemo into the wee hours of the night for the past two months. Definitely not! The horror of staying up late! Annabeth would never approve. Percy imagined her having a heart attack and-

“You know, you’re a really bad liar. I’ve seen the dreamy look in your eyes after you come out of your cabin in the morning and the Demigod-Safe Kindle Leo made under your pillow. At least now I know what you’ve been reading!”

“Hmm…. “

“Shh! I’m watching, guys,” said Nico. His eyes were glued to the screen. Piper gathered up the blanket to her chin.

“I’m still mentally reenacting the Badwolf Bay scene,” she said. Percy rolled his eyes, but didn’t bother to respond. Nothing could sever the pull between the blue fish and his blue eyes.

“I’m leaving,” said Annabeth. “I’ve already seen this about 200 times and I think it’s affecting my brain capacity.” Percy ignored her.

Annabeth grabbed Piper’s arm and dragged her out of the room. Piper’s eyes looked glazed over in the light from the TV.

Shadows swirled around Nico. This happened when Nico was either very happy or very upset, as Percy had noticed.

He was very happy now. Who wasn’t happy when they were watching Finding Nemo, anyway? Well, Annabeth for one. But that wasn’t the point.

“Do you like the movie?” asked Percy, not daring to take his eyes off the screen. He already knew the answer.

“Yeeeeeeeees,” said Nico. “fish are good.” Percy doubted he had thought before speaking.

But it was okay, because they were watching Finding Nemo and life was beautiful.