Summertime Oneshot

A/N I will appease you with a random, awkward, almost-Solangelo oneshot since I haven't posted in a while. If, at the end, you want to strangle Percy for interrupting our little Solangelo "get-together," don't blame me! Okay, blame me, but just remember; I WILL MAKE SOLANGELO HAPPEN. MWAHAHAHAHA! Cough, cough, fangirling alert, cough cough. 

Just read it, k? There's also a Percabeth scene for @TimeyWimeyNarwhal

Also, this is honestly not how I imagine Will Solace acting, but I'm having a really hard time portraying him right. Bear with me.

SPLASH!

And Percy disappeared into the depths of the sunshine-dappled water. Annabeth, legs dangling over the edge of the dock, wrinkled her nose at the droplets of water that Percy had splattered. She didn’t bother to wipe them off, though; she just turned the page of the enormous tome on her lap.

She should’ve known better.

There was a hand emerging from the water (Percy), and there was shriek (Annabeth) and then there was another splash as Annabeth fell face-first into the water. Luckily, the book was saved by an amazing dive on Will’s part.

“Percy!” Annabeth yelled as she was pulled under. She started to say something else, but it turned from words to bubbles as her head was covered by salty water.

Percy was sitting cross-legged underneath the water, bobbing up and down, which was a feat only accomplishable by a son of Poseidon or a talented seahorse. Fish in a multitude of colors swarmed around his head.

Annabeth smiled. Blond ropes of hair twisted around her face, obscuring her view of Percy. She felt warm hands pulling her closer and closer and…

“Let’s go explore the ocean,” said Percy. Annabeth took a deep breath and brushed the hair from her face. They were floating in a little bubble. Annabeth flicked Percy’s nose.

“Seaweed Brain.”

“Wise Girl.”

        They started the best Underwater Exploration Ever.

Up above, Will was on his knees, making a puppy-dog face at Nico.

“Pweeeeeeeeeeese,” said Will. Nico looked down at him condescendingly.

“No matter how much pleading you do, I am not setting one foot in the water,” grumbled Nico.

“Why?” asked Will, settling himself down on his knees. Nico didn’t copy the gesture, so Will pulled him down to the ground.

“Hey!” said Nico.

“You’re avoiding the question, Death Head. Why won’t you come swim in the ocean with me? I’ll teach you how to swim.”

Nico muttered something that sounded suspiciously like “Percy Mythomagic Freckles.”

Will rolled his eyes. “Still worrying about our friend Jackson? He seems to be pretty, hem, occupied with Annabeth down there.” Nico blushed a shade of red equal to that of an over ripe strawberry. “Oh, my immature little Nico,” said Will, pulling Nico in for a hug. Nico bristled, but finally indulged.

“Hem,” said someone. “Hem, hem.” The boys looked up at Piper, standing before them in a striped one-piece swimsuit. “I thought we agreed to no cuddling on the dock,” said Piper. Even Will shuddered at Piper’s authority.

“We weren’t… “

“It’s not what you think… “

“I’m pretty sure it’s exactly what I think it is,” said Piper smugly. Will let go of Nico.