"I don't belong here Caspian. I don't know this lavish lifestyle. The giant mansion, the fancy food, getting treated like royalty, it's-it's not my place. I was going away to the forest, it's my safe place. It's silent and peaceful."

His intense gaze doesn't falter as I explain and I shift nervously on the bed before continuing. 

"Of course I appreciate you taking me in and for everything you have given me. It's all just overwhelming, my whole life changed in the blink of an eye and I just needed the familiarity of the forest. I'm used to being alone and doing my own thing and there are certain things I do to keep myself grounded. I erm... hunt."

"That's an unusual hobby for a girl such as yourself." Caspian replies.

"It was a necessary hobby." I mumble under my breath but Caspian seems to hear.

"What do you mean by that?" 

Not wanting to tell him the full truth, I give him a half.

"When mother died, everything was different. My only escape was to go to the forest behind our house and hunt. It kept me sane in a way, it was an escape from life."  

"Aspen. I understand this move is a big change. I hope you can learn that you belong here. You were here before mother took you away and your brothers and I have missed you dearly. I'm sorry you couldn't grow up having everything you deserve but you are here now. This house is and always will be chaotic and you cant just run to the forest every time things get overwhelming. I know you used to do that before but I cant allow that here. It's for your safety Aspen and I also cant allow you to have a gun." 

I sadly lower my gaze and nod.

"I understand" My voice is barely above a whisper.

"You should also know thievery is not tolerated in this household and because of you, we had to fire Ronan." 

My head snaps up to meet Caspian's gaze and I'm suddenly filled with guilt and regret.

"Y-you fired Ronan?" 

"We had no choice, what kind of guard was he if he could be pickpocketed my a 15 year old girl? You should also know that Ronan has a family. A wife who is pregnant and 2 young children. Their one source of income is now gone because of you." Caspian says, keeping a cold expression.

Caspian reaches into his pocket and hands me a photo of Ronan who has his left arm wrapped protectively around the waist of a woman with a baby bump. A young boy, maybe 2 years old is on his right hip and a young girl who looks to be 7 is standing in front of them. 

"What's going to happen to them?" I croak out. Don't cry, don't cry.

"I'll leave that to your imagination, but I don't expect it to be pretty." Caspian replies emotionlessly. 

"I'm so sorry" I whisper, trying to keep myself together but a few tears betray me. 

"As for your punishment..." My eyes widen when Caspian mentions a punishment. He said he wouldn't hurt me but how can I believe him after Ronan's situation?

"I believe the guilt your feeling is enough, but if it were to happen again don't expect me to go so easy."

Caspian stands up from the desk chair and grabs the gun from my desk. He tucks it into his waistband and walks to the door. Before he reaches it, he turns to face me.