C A P I T O L O Q U A R A N T A T R E

Start from the beginning

"I know, ma fille, I know. Trust your heart and remember you both need one another. He's suffering too, chérie," No words came from Shira except the sound of her trying to conceal the echoes of her cries in my shirt. "Give him a chance, amour, he loves you."

"Papa, I love him too, I just needed some time." Shira was exactly like her mother, a woman who needed time to reflect but sometimes time is what makes things disappear, it separates us from the ones we need but we don't see it as we are so consumed by our indecisive thoughts.

"He will be coming here soon as he has been doing, you should go see him." I suggested, my hands shifted her hands, grabbing them I clasped both of them in my greater ones, keeping them warm. "But-" Shira began but I interrupted her.

"No 'buts' Shira, it's better now than later." Moving her head to her pillow gently, I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Chérie, you need him; don't let him go." With that being said, I walked away and closed her door, leaving her to organise her thoughts.

-

"How is she?" Melanie asked, her blue eyes plunged into my earthy ones. "Our daughter looks broken, mon amour ." My eyes felt heavy with pain and my heart bled out as I couldn't do anything about it.

"Dieu, I pray that this ends at once." Melanie whispered, her hands cupping my face, bringing me into relaxation. "Me too, amour."

Melanie and I held each other in an intimate embraced as we stood on the balcony, the breeze was chilling but our embrace seemed to have brought us warmth.

"Our kids have grown up so fast, haven't they, amour?" Melanie said, against my chest. It was true, they have all grown up so fast. Alexandre was soon to marry his wife, Abella had finally decided to live with Dante even though it took a lot of persuading. Louis was living in his own house yet to find someone, meanwhile, Ace is still a womaniser.

"They have. Time has gone too fast." I breathed out a heavy breath. "I'm scared Theo," Melanie said, a small sniffle seemed to snap me out of our intimate moment, loosening our embrace but never pulling away, Melanie's eyes began to swell with tears. "Scared of what, amour?" I asked, wiping some of her tears off.

"Scared our daughter won't get the happiness she deserves." Truth be told, I was scared too but Valerius promised me and he never breaks his promises. "Amour, our daughter's happiness is with Valerius, she just needs time to realise what she's missing. Don't be scared, amour, time will heal those who have been hurt." Kissing her lips, Melanie sunk back into our embrace and I tightened my hold on her. "Nothing will happen, I promise."

-

The specific sound of Valerius's car echoes and the headlights illuminated the front of the house. Before he could knock, I opened the door to be met with his scruffy figure. His hair was disheveled, he had grown a beard and those eyes of his seemed to have died and been replaced with numbing intoxicants.

"How is she?" The same monosyllabic tone he has always asked day in day out. He didn't care for his own well-being, he cared only for my daughter's. "She's-" I begin to say as I turn my head to look at her peak outside her bedroom door. Shira nods her head and I smile at her, knowing she wants to speak to him.

I turn my head to face Valerius, who is holding a bouquet of roses, a mixture of yellow, red and pink. "These are for her, can you give them to her please, along with this note." Valerius handed me a neat letter with the word Shira written in blue ink pen. "Why not hand it to her yourself?" I smiled, as I notice Shira come down the steps behind me.

Valerius's eyes lightens then lowers as he notices her blood shot eyes. "I will give you two time." The two stand in front of one another as no words are spoken. As I take my queue to leave, Melanie is smiling from the bottom of the stairs, approaching her, I wrap my arm around her waist, kissing the side of her head before leaving Shira and Valerius to pour themselves into each other's arms.

Hello, mes amours, hope you liked this chapter, if you did let me know your thoughts

Hello, mes amours, hope you liked this chapter, if you did let me know your thoughts. Have a lovely day or a good night's sleep.

How did you like Theo's POV?

I kind of wanted to give these two a break but they will be back in the next chapter.

Also quick note, it will take time for me to update but don't worry it won't be too long, it's just that I am applying to different jobs at the moment and all. But love you all xx