chapter 9: Instagram

Jay went in for a big hug and hugged her 𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 than he has ever hugged Aeri (I suck at wording things)

"When did you come here?" He asked

"Just last week"

"Really?! Cool"

"Who is..she?" Ha-eun asked.

They both looked back at Aeri who was looking around and fidgeting with her bracelet.

2/12/2020 , 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒋𝒂𝒚 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑨𝒆𝒓𝒊 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒕

"My girlfriend" He said, trying to force Aeri to come closer.

"Oh, didn't know you had one"  She said.

"Well now you do!" Jay tried to say that in the most enthusiastic way possible to lighten up the mood.

"Wanna go on the ride?" Ha-eun asked to Jay.

"Sure."

The 3 of them entered the ride. The 2 seater one. Jay and Ha-eun sat next to eachother, leaving Aeri sit next to an old man.

54 seconds before the ride started  - - - - - - - -

"Oh, can I sit next to Aeri?" Jay asked

"Yeah can he-" Ha-eun cut Aeri off

"She wouldn't mind you sitting next to me"

Aeri let out a big sigh and sat behind them.

𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆..

                        - - - - - - - - - - -

After the ride finished they decided to go on another one.

They waited in line.

"I'm gonna skip this one" Aeri said in a sad voice. Her voice was broken and she was like a third wheeler in her own relationship.

"Are you sure?" Jay asked.

"I'll wait for you two" She nodded her head and went out of the line.

As she saw Jay and Ha-euna get on the ride, she had a broken smile and waved at the two.
The ride started and they were laughing together. Aeri couldn't handle the feeling, she vanished from afar and went to Jungwons dorm.

𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌  "Jungwon! It's your sister!"
She shouted with her face attached to the door.

Jungwon opened the door and Aeri hugging him.

He was confused but with his senses, he would tell Aeri was hurting inside. He didn't know why but he could feel her tears absorbing through his shirt.

They both sat down on the couch with their legs crossed.

"Why did you come here?" He asked

"Jay..."

"DID HE BREAK UP WITH Y-" Aeri cut him off.

"No..he met this old friend from Seattle and now i'm basically third-wheeling my own relationship." Aeri's voice was breaking. She sounded so tired.

"Aeri..it's an old friend. You might just feel jealous" Jungwon tried putting that in a comforting tone but that just made her feel worse.

"Tell me how you feel" He insisted

"I love jay so much, this was suppose to be me and jay's date..not a hangout with some random girl he never introduced me to. He hugged her tighter than he hugged me. It's like I'm just a stranger watching 2 friends fall in love. First chaewon, and now Ha-eun! What if she steals Jay away from me.. I'm going to be a nobody again and you know how much I hate that. It's like Ha-eun wants to make me jealous.."

Her words made Jungwon speechless. He never knew how much Aeri liked Jay until now. Was Jungwon losing trust in Jay?
What if Ha-eun affects their relationship?