"Don't move." Xu Ling Ai warn him and he immediately stay frozen.

Unknown to her, a heart starting to beat with rhythm. When she puts the salves using her finger on his lips, his hearts beat even faster.

Chanyu clenched his fist trying to calm his heart. His gaze maintain on her small face. That worry expression on her face slip make him feel worthy.

'That punch was worth it.' Chanyu thought.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." Once done tending his wound, she sat back to her place.

Hearing no sound, she look at him and found him looking straight at her. Xu Ling Ai then wave her hand over his face trying to get his attention.

"Chanyu are you okay?" She questioned looking at that blank face.

"Y-yes! I'm fine." Chanyu swiftly pull himself together and take off his eyes off of her.

"Again I'm so sorry." She sincerely said.

"You should feel honoured cause you're the first person to punch me in the face." Chanyu make a joke when he saw apologetic expression.

"Really? Then I will treasure the honour." Xu Ling Ai joke back at him. She knew he was trying to make her feel better.

They laugh at each other when they look at each other face. A true friend will laugh with only one look. She couldn't believe she found herself a guy friend.

"Anyway, Chanyu have you like someone before?" Her question baffles him.

"No. Why?" He replied honestly. He had never fall for someone before.

"Is it wrong for me to like my own husband?" Xu Ling Ai honestly expressed herself.

Chanyu is her one and only friend. He might help her figure her own feelings. That's why she told him about her problem.

However, her question make his heart feeling aching. He is also confused with his own feeling. Not only her, he also need to figure out his.

"There's no wrong in liking your own husband. Why are you hesitating?" Chanyu sat there listening to her story.

"Because he might still like someone else." Xu Ling Ai sighed.

Chanyu look at her gloomy face and he instantly knew Xu Ling Ai really like Li Zhao. Chanyu felt like he has been crash by a carriage. Reality fell upon him. She belong to someone else.

"Do you really like him?" Despite feeling disappointed, Chanyu still respond to her with a question.

Xu Ling Ai earnestly nodded at his question. Chanyu might have hope for her to hesitate a bit but she did not.

"Xu Ling Ai how did someone know when they like a person?" This time it was his turn to question her.

"People say that we like someone when we keep thinking about them, when we feel nervous in front of them and when our heart beats for them." Xu Ling Ai explained from what she learn from drama.

"There are a lot more but you won't understand since you've never like someone." She added when she remembered Chanyu not having any love interest.

Listening to her explanation, one thing for sure is he had fell for her. Hard. For someone's consort. That too his enemy's consort.

"I think I have now." Chanyu suddenly stated.

Hearing his confession, it makes Xu Ling Ai snapped her head towards him. She wanted to know his experience.

"What? Who? And how? Have you confess yet?" She eagerly asked him.

"Slow down. This is also my first time figuring my own feelings. Thanks to your explanation earlier." Chanyu chuckle at her eagerness.

He couldn't believe he actually like someone who is straightforward like Xu Ling Ai. Someone who is a bit rough and impolite. She changed his perspective of a woman.

"Tell me how you met her? Is she pretty?" Xu Ling Ai excitedly ask.

"I first saw her when I was inside a carriage. At first, I only thought she is beautiful and nothing else. However, the way she treat me comfortably made me realize that I actually like her." He shortly tell her not wanting to spill his own feelings.

"And of course she is pretty! A handsome man meant for a beautiful girl." Chanyu joke.

"So cheesy! Anyway, where is she now?"

"She is somewhere in Luoyang."

"Why didn't you chase her? Who knows you might have a chance."

"She belongs to someone else." Chanyu let out a heavy breath.

Xu Ling Ai gave him a sympathy look. She is so sad for her best friend. Fell for someone belong to another person.

"Don't worry! This pretty sister will find you another suitable lady for you. Just trust me." Xu Ling Ai determinedly said to encourage him.

"No need. I will only like her alone for the rest of my life." Chanyu smile at her sincerely.

Duke Su's Manor

"Where have you been?" A stern voice startled her.

Xu Ling Ai just step a foot inside the manor but there is someone else waiting for her. It was the person she wanted to hid from.

"I- I went to look for a job!" Xu Ling Ai lied as she did not know what should she said to him.

She went to town to avoid him? A huge no!

"I've been living in this manor for free so I thought I might as well look for a job to help you a bit." She quickly added to sound a bit more realistic.

"You're my responsibility and you owe me nothing." Li Zhao sternly said. He had never consider her as a burden. But she always made him feel that he did not treat her properly.

While Xu Ling Ai on the other hand feel her heart started beating. Fast. Her hands sweating. Her mind went elsewhere. She look everywhere except his eyes.

'Don't look at me like that. I might not be able to let you go.' Echoing in her mind again.

"Shut up!" She suddenly screamed at herself and covered her ear with both hands.

"What is wrong with you? Are you unwell?" Li Zhao question her. He tried to walk closer to her but she back off.

"I-I wasn't talking to you. I'm just talking to myself." Xu Ling Ai staggered.

Li Zhao placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature and her face had turned bright red. Her white porcelain skin made it harder to hide the blushes.

"I'm fine! I went inside first!" She get away from his touch like a burning fire.

Closing her bedroom door, she sat right next to it. Holding her own heart, she feel it running so fast. Xu Ling Ai could hear her own heart pumping.

"This cannot be happening! He probably like someone else! Are you crazy Xu Ling Ai?!" Xu Ling Ai is afraid that her heart had already fall for him. She had always thought that her heart only belong to the idols. Never knew that she could like a person as well.

P.S.
Hi everyone! I will be inactive for a few weeks because I am sick. I really hope for your understanding. thank you!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R