16 • Every Little Thing

A

A.N: This goes without saying, but for the purpose of not getting into trouble, I DID NOT WRITE THIS SONG. It's Every Little Thing by Carly Pearce.

Chapter Sixteen:

3RD PERSON P.O.V:

The band we good, Jax had to admit that despite his life-long distaste for country music. And, admittedly, he was slowly coming around to it.

Ellie had played it so much before he'd fucked up and she'd moved out of his house, that he'd grown to miss the sound of Kenny or Willy playing through the speakers that Juice had installed for him, so his Spotify playlist was full of grown men practically crying about how they'd messed up and lost the love of their lives.

As he looked around the field at the swarm of people who'd come to enjoy the night, he handed it to his mother, she'd done a fucking fantastic job, as she always did.

Happy grunted at something Tig had said, then hit him and pointed to the stage like a caveman when Gemma walked into the spotlights holding a microphone and large smile gracing her lips, signalling for all of his brothers to shut up and watch her like he knew something the rest of them didn't.

"Hi, guys! Thank you so much for coming. There's one more surprise tonight. My very special friend has agreed to come out and sing for us." Gemma said into the microphone with a smile on her face.

All of his brothers looked confused apart from Happy, who had obviously been let into the plan that she'd kept from the rest of them. "Please give a round of applause for my best friend, Ellie Squires!"

Jax felt his whole body stiffen as some of the members walked off so only the singer and drummer was left. Then she walked out onto the stage and all of the breath left his body until he was almost numb.

She was wearing a white dress that was tight around her bust but flowy from the waist, and it went down to mid thigh to show off her gorgeous tan. On her feet she was wearing a brown leather pair of cowboy boots that looked old and distressed by years of wear-and-tear, not a factory, and they made him harder than a fucking rock.

Her honey blonde hair had been straightened to add a smidgen more of length than her natural curls allowed, and she had the guitar that had been a staple at his house months before hanging on a strap over her shoulder to lay lazily at her waist. He could see that she wasn't even nervous. She'd obviously been on stage before, was used to performing.

He hadn't even known that she could sing.

Jax watched as she hugged Gemma and they exchanged a few whispered words before she made her way over to the second microphone and greeted the singer who stayed on stage like he was an old friend. Jax had to fight his urge to get on the stage and put his fist through the fucker's head when he smiled at her.