7 • Pasta Night

Chapter Seven:

Chapter Seven:

Jax had decided that he didn't want to stick around the party when I'd left, so he'd had the prospect drive Gemma, he and I home at the same time.

He'd walked me to my front door and it looked, for a moment, like he was going to kiss me goodnight. But then he'd pulled me into a tight hug and nodded towards the door. "I'll see you tomorrow, darlin."

When I woke up the next morning I was grateful that I hadn't been drunk enough to go to bed without drinking a sports drink and popping a couple of pills to curve my hangover before it had a chance to hit, and rolled out of bed with a smile on my face as the night before played over in my mind.

Jax had stuck by me all night, hand roaming between my palm and my hip. Apart from going to the bathroom or hitting the bar, he'd been pressed to my side and it made me feel like maybe he saw me as more than the kind-of-babysitter I'd thought he looked at me as.

Despite Gemma's offer to wake up early and take me to my car, Jax used his position as President and with a click of his fingers he'd ordered the prospect - Kip, a lovely young man with a smile that looked like it was his birthday - to drop my car off after he'd taken us all home. I don't know how he did it, because I hadn't heard a thing, but my baby was parked in my driveway with the keys underneath my front doormat as promised.

I knocked on his door and waited for two minutes before he pulled it open, and the sight made my mouth go dry.

Jax Teller dressed in baggy jeans with a chain by his side, baggy shirts and Kutte hanging overtop was a sight. But Jax Teller in nothing but sweatpants hanging low on his muscular body was out of this world.

I counted his abs and prayed that I wasn't drooling at the 'V' that I'd read about in steamy romance novels when I was a teenager.

He wasn't even human.

He was the definition of temptation.

"I brought you coffee." I choked out and shoved the travel mug in his hand.

Jax ran a hand through his hair that didn't have any product in it and flipped down into his eyes, yawning before he rubbed his baby blues. "Thanks, baby. Come in, Abel's still sleeping."

"I can't." I swallowed, thankful that I had to get to work because I was sure that if I stayed I would do something I regretted. Like jumping him in his doorway. "I've got to go to work for a few hours. You're on babysittin' duty."

He looked at me in confusion and I signalled down to Larry who was sitting on the porch next to me, waiting for an instruction.

I patted behind his ear and pointed inside. "Go sleep with Abel."

Like he knew exactly what I was talking about, he bypassed Jax completely and waddled down the hallway. We both watched with amusement as he nudged the door open with his nose and went inside the room.