6 • Friday Night Party

Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

"You're still coming?"

I looked over myself in the mirror and tossed the dress that I'd picked out to the side. "Yes, I'm findin' somethin' to wear right now and then I'm headin' over."

"Good." There was music pouring through her side of the phone. "I'll have a bottle of whiskey waiting for when you get here."

"Make sure you save me a beer, too." I hung up the phone to her chuckle.

In the end I settled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain white singlet with the only pair of heels that I owned. Gemma had said to dress in something sexy but comfortable, so I shrugged on my leather jacket and then painted my lips the colour red that begged for trouble.

It was the first time that I was going to attend a Friday night party at the clubhouse. More than that, it was the first time that I was going to see Jax apart from the times that I'd seen him at his or Gemma's house in passing or when I'd been babysitting for him.

Over the month and half that I'd known him and through our very limited interactions, I'd realised that I'd grown a pathetic crush on the bad-boy. I was a walking, talking cliche: The girl who went to church every Sunday and grew up in a good home had gotten giddy for the bad boy outlaw who did things for a living that should have sent me screaming in the opposite direction.

I wasn't sure if Jesus or daddy would be more ashamed of me.

Gemma had promised that if I drove to the clubhouse she would drive me back the next morning to retrieve my car since, as she had so happily pointed out, there was no going to the Sons clubhouse on a Friday night and not getting drunk enough that driving was no longer an option.

"There's my girl!"

Kozik's voice found me as soon as I stepped out of my car and onto the concrete, like Gemma had informed him of my plans and he'd been waiting for me. I appreciated it because, if that was how it had worked out, the man had been looking out for me. We'd spoken about how bad my anxiety could get when he was in the chair, and he knew that I wasn't comfortable walking into crowds of people that I didn't know by myself.

Standing in front of them or off to the side? I was fine. I'd been on stage singing enough times that I was used to the spotlight.

Walking into them, though? I was quite quickly met with the possibility that I would turn into a hyperventilating mess.

I'd just had enough time to slide my phone into the back pocket of my jeans before he swept me off the ground and spun me around once. "Hey, Koz."

When he'd placed me back on the concrete I ran my hand over his arm and poked the tattoo I'd done the week before. "You been takin' care of this?"

"Always, baby." His face tugged up in a smirk before he put his palm on the small of my back and lead me towards the group of Sons that were hanging around, enjoying themselves. "I'm glad you came. Jax said you've been kidnapping Abel?"