8 • Date Night

Chapter Eight:

Chapter Eight:

For the next two weeks, every time I wasn't at the shop I was either with Gemma or at Jax's house. Sometimes it was just Larry, Abel and I. Other times Gemma would spend the day. But my favourite was when Jax was home and we'd spend time together, two people slowly falling in love, a little boy and his four-legged best friend.

It was six o'clock and I'd just finished work, planning on going to the house to spend a few hours with Abel before Larry and I left for the evening, when the sight at my car made me pause.

"What are you doin' here?" I leaned up and gave him a kiss hello.

Jax's arms banded around my waist and he gave me the smile that left me weak at the knees. "Gemma is taking both of our kids for the night."

"Why?" I frowned in confusion.

He chuckled. "Because I'm taking my girl on a date."

I was full of excited nerves the whole drive back to my house, and every time I looked at Jax riding behind me in my review mirror, giddy butterflies would swarm through my stomach.

He'd never been to my house before and, just the same as his mother had done, he looked around with interest when I invited him in. I saw his lips tug up when he walked over to the wall and ran his fingers over the photographs that made up the most important memories of my life hanging up on the wall.

"So, uh, what are we doin' tonight?" I asked. "I need to know what to dress in."

Jax didn't move but looked across the room at me with warm eyes. "I'm not telling you what we're doing, babe. Just dress in something you can ride in."

I took a shower that probably lasted too long, trying to settle my nervous butterflies and let the hot water soothe my aching muscles. Then I did my makeup, added winged eyeliner, and pulled on my favourite jumpsuit.

It was a burnt orange colour with yellow and pink flowers that hung off my shoulders and it looked like a dress so much that I hadn't known that it wasn't until I'd gotten it home from the store and tried it on the first time.

Jax sucked in a breath when I walked into the room and I took that as a good sign that he liked what he saw. "You look beautiful, babe."

"You look good, too." I noted that he'd changed into a nicer pair of jeans and a button-down shirt, Kutte still on his chest. "Where did you get your clothes?"

"I had them in my saddlebag. I packed them before I came to get you." He smiled with a light blush on his cheeks and then held out his hand. "You ready?"

We walked out to his bike with his fingers entwined with mine and he looked over at me. "You ever been on the back of a bike?"

I shook my head no and he got a look on his face that was clear he was pleased with the information. "Don't worry about it, it's easy. Just hold on tight and lean when I lean."