Chapter Twenty-Three

We all sit at the table and awkwardly look at our food.

"Thank you for inviting me," Corpse says quietly.

"No problem! I just thought that it'd be nice to get to know you.... again," I say with a small smile. He smiles back and we all decide to finally start eating.

"This is really good," Karl says, mouth full of food.

"Thank you, its my mother's recipe," I say, taking a bite. They both seem to freeze for a moment, before quickly going back to eating.

'So, how much do you remember?" Corpse asks.

" Pretty much everything up to the point we met. I remember calling you after our first stream together. You have a nice tired voice," I admit.

He smiles, " Thanks."

"Have you started remembering anything after that?" Karl asks.

I think back to the flashback I had in the shower and feel my whole face heat up," Well, I.. Uhm..." I try to think of something to save myself. " A song. I remember a song."

"Which one?" Corpse asks.

"Yours, I think. At least, you were the one singing it. It was about my eyes, and your face," I try to explain.

He smiles lightly," That's the one I sang to you on the dock."

"Oh, well I had a dream about it. It was you, Karl, and I at a picnic," I explain more.

"That's interesting," He says quietly.

I'm not sure how to respond, so I just continue eating. We sit in silence for a few minutes.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask the basic, get to know each other question.

"E/C," He says within an instant.

"How come?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Because one time I got to see this girl's eyes up close, and they were that color. I liked the way she looked at me like there was nothing wrong with me. I watched them as they traveled down to my lips, then back up to my eyes, before they closed and her lips connected with mine. I liked the way that whenever I made eye contact with them, they would light up and she would smile.... I-I just like the color, I guess," he rants before getting embarrassed.

"Wow, sounds like you really liked this girl," Karl says quietly.

"I did, and I still do," Corpse admits.

"Wow, whoever it is seems pretty lucky," I say, trying to hide my jealousy. I literally just met the guy, kind of, I can't be mad that he already has a girlfriend.

Corpse frowns a bit and continues to eat his food. We all eat in silence again. When we're done I take all of our plates to the sink and tell Karl and Corpse to pick out a movie.

I make us some popcorn and walk into the living room. "Guys, we should make a mini movie watching fort!" I say excitedly.

"We should! I'll go get the pillows and blankets from the guest room!" Karl says before running off.

"Wanna help me get some from my room?" I ask Corpse, so he's not left out.

"Sure," he says and we both walk to my room.

We walk to each side of the bed and start disassembling it. We carry our goodies back to the living room and start of the fort with Karl.

We all take a step back to admire our work, when another flashback hits me.

"Wait a minute," I say pulling out my phone. I can feel them both look at me as I scroll through Twitter, trying to find a specific tweet. Once I found it, I showed it to them. It was of me sleeping in a similar fort in my living room. "Haha, I called you Mr. Drooler," I joke. I laugh a little before I remember something else that happened right after that.

"We went on a date?" I ask Corpse.

Ayo Cliffhanger >:)

Anyways, go listen to Olivia Rodrigo's new song. It is so good.

Have a wonderful evening! Bye~~