Chapter Sixteen

Y/N pov

I throw on a maroon, cropped sweater and leggings. I want the look formal but also comfy for our dinner tonight. I do some light makeup around my eyes, because my mask will cover the rest of me face, and find a pair of earings that match.  I put on a pair of boots and leave my room. I see Corpse and Karl waiting on me in the living room.

We all walk out to my car and drive down to the restaurant. When we are there, Karl talks to the waitress and she leads us to our table. We all take a seat and think about what we want to eat.

Our food arrives and we eat. Well, they eat. I'm too self conscious and insecure to really eat in front of other people. I take a few small bites trying not to embarrass myself by making a mess. I was too busy worrying about myself that I didn't realise the conversation that was happening.

"Remember when we threw a party here after prom? We got up before everyone else and came down here for breakfast, and when we returned everyone was still asleep," Karl tells the story.

"Oh yeah! And there was this one group of girls who kept dissing everyone, but karma eventually got to them and they fell into the lake," I add in and we laugh.

"Wow, I didn't take you guys as party people at all," Corpse says with a small smile.

"We weren't. Karl and I snuck out and rode a boat around the lake until the party started to die down. Which was like 2 in the morning by the way," I explain.

"Ah, that makes more sense. It's nice that you guys have known each other for so long. It must be nice to have a best friend like that," Corpse says, a slightly sad tone in his voice.

"Don't worry Corpse, you can be our best friend too! Right, Karl?" I ask.

"Sure!" Karl agrees.

"Thanks," Corpse smiles.

God he has a nice smile.

"Uhm, thank you," he says, with a slight blush.

"Wait did I say that out loud?" I ask, embarrassed.

"Uh, yeah," Karl says laughing a bit.

"Shit. Well, that's awkward. Uhm. De Rien I guess," I laugh awkwardly.

We all finish up our dinners and leave. When we get back to the cabin, Karl decides that he wants to stream tonight. Corpse and I let him do his thing and walk down to the lake.

I slip off my socks and shoes, roll up my pants, and sit on the edge of the dock with my feet in the water.

Holy shit that's cold," I say laughing

"It's like 40 degrees out here, what did you expect?" He laughs, sitting next to me.

"I expected it to feel nice, and it does. You should try it," I suggest.

"No thanks. Hypothermia is not really my thing," he jokes.

"I guess it's my thing then," I joke back.

We sit there in a comfortable silence, staring out at the water and beautiful sky.

I look over at him to find him already looking at me. I smile and take the moment to admire his features.

I see tiny scars all over his face. Some look newer than others. I reach my hand up and lightly trace my fingers over them. He flinched from my touch so I take my hand away, but he grabs it and puts it back. Some scars are smooth, others have a small bump to them.

"I'm sorry," I say, reating my hand on his cheek.

"For what?" He asks, resting his head in my hand.

"I'm sorry that you're hurting. I wish that I could make it all better," I say rubbing my thumb back and forth.

"Well, there is one thing that you could do right now," he says shyly.

"What's that?" I ask staring into his dark eyes.

"This," he says lightly grabbing my chin and pulling me in. Our lips meet for a few moments before we slowly pull away. His lips are so soft.

"Can we do that again?" I ask.

He doesn't even answer because our lips are already meeting again. They're saying their hellos and getting to know each other.

Both of his hands are holding my face as my arms wrap around the back if his neck.

Everything feels so right.

Until we hear footsteps.

Ayo. I exist still haha. Also, cliffhanger pog.

Sorry for like disappearing lmao. I hope I didn't make you too bored while waiting.

I also hope that this isn't moving too fast. If it is, then let me know and I can slow it down.

Anyways, have a wonderful time until I see you again. Buhbye~