While driving, I squirmed as I still felt the stickiness of the wolf's dried blood on me but I was too focused on getting to Rayne. Soon I saw a border patrol watchtower and a team standing off against 5 wolves, clearly not from around here. Jason's minions. They must've been with the other one I killed earlier. Although it was self defense, I still felt horrible. Maybe he had a Mate or a child at home waiting for him to return back from his orders given by that bastard Jason. Even though I had to, I still regretted what I did. I had to shake off the feeling and focus on what was happening ahead. I stopped a good distance away from them but the 5 wolves snapped their heads in my direction, diverting their attention away from the patrol team. My eyes widened as they started approaching me slowly and menacingly, with snarls emanating from their throats.

The border patrols were frozen in place, indicating that they were mindlinking with someone. Um hello? My ass is about to become dog food if you guys don't do something! I gripped onto my gun for dear life, knowing it wouldn't be of use. I only had 5 bullets left but with their speed and agility, I'd be no match against them. I sighed in frustration. Why weren't the patrols doing anything? The wolves were getting closer and my heart was about to fall out of my chest until I heard several vicious snarls of 4 massive wolves emerging from the brush by the patrol team.

The wolves approaching me stopped in their tracks and quickly whipped around their bodies to approach the others who were snarling at them, baring their canines. I looked at the 4 wolves who just arrived and they were growling in warning as they slowly approached the enemy wolves. The largest of the 4 made eye contact with me for a moment then barked and with that, the sound of clothes being torn took my attention up to the watchtower as the patrols shifted and jumped down to stand beside the 4 wolves. They looked like dwarfs compared to them but the look in their eyes was enough to make Jason's minions take a step back.

The largest wolf let out a rumbling growl that echoed throughout the open space and lunged towards the enemies. The rest of the patrols followed and lunged themselves at them. I was marveled the scene that was unfolding before my eyes. Fighting back, tearing through the enemy wolves was Rayne. I recognized his massive, pitch black wolf with his enchanting golden brown eyes instantly. They only held one emotion in them, and that was pure vengence. He got a hold of the largest wolf's left leg and chomped down with great force, making the wolf cry out in agony.

Crack! That was the sound of the bone breaking in between Rayne's jaws. I flinched at the sound and with the leg still in his mouth, he flung the wolf away from him to an expectant wolf who finished the deed by chomping down on his throat. A small part within me felt like I was a huge part of why he was so...angry with them. It could be because of his Alpha blood, and the fact that they tried to harm me. What do you expect he vowed to protect you. My subconscious reminded. Wolves are naturally overprotective of their mates and because of his Alpha line, those emotions are increased tenfold.

He along with the border patrols put up a spectacular fight. They tore through the enemy wolves like it was nothing and flung their limp bodies away from my direction to each of the wolves that arrived in the nick of time. It looked like that fight scene from Breaking Dawn part 2, minus the vampires I snorted. The enemies were outnumbered by four wolves but didn't let this disadvantage weaken them. It only took 10 minutes total for Rayne and his wolves to finish them off. After they let out a victorious howl, I opened my car door and ran out to join Rayne who immediately turned his attention to me and ran towards me as well, while the others dragged the bodies away between their teeth. I didn't care that he was in Wolf form, I threw myself at him and then I tightly wrapped my arms around his furry neck. "You came." I whispered. The relief that washed over me was overwhelming, knowing that I was safe in his presence again.

He took a inhaled deeply into my neck then growled lowly in his chest. He then took a step back to take in my bloodied appearance. He growled again, but in distaste. He moved a few feet away from me then shifted before my eyes. I stared in awe as his bones cracked, body contorted at wide angles, and his fur sunk back into his follicles, revealing his lightly tanned skin. Before I knew it, his 6'2" frame was standing before me and he grabbed my chin, inspecting every part of my face.

"Are you hurt?" He had a look of genuine concern on his face. I shook my head 'no'. I put up a fight with the wolf, he wasn't going to take me that's for damn sure.

"This is the other wolf's blood....I killed him." I said with a glint of sadness in my tone.

"If you didn't, he would've taken you. Then i'd have to kill him too for trying to take what's mine." I tried to hide my smile as I felt a jab of pride.

"I'm never going to leave you like that again." I said apologetically. He looked taken aback by my apology. I still felt really horrible about running off like that.

"Good, because you're coming to live with me. I'm never letting you out of my sight again." He said pulling me closer by my hips.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Instead, I felt a surge of desire pulse through me and my eyes found his plush lips. He tilted my head so now my gaze reached his. He leaned in slowly, unsure if I'd move back and reject his kiss. I placed my hand on the back of his head, crashing his lips onto mine. Electric sparks surged through my body as our lips moved in harmony.

This felt so right, I hadn't realized that I missed his touch so much. It was evident in the way I moved my body closer to his and granted him access as our tongues intermingled. I curled my fingers into his dark brown locks and gripped them, earning a low groan from his chest. I relished in the heat that was washing over me and moments later, I found myself being lifted up by
my waist and placed gently on the cool surface of car hood. He broke away for a moment for air.

"You're definitely coming to live with me now."

I wasn't complaining.