Chapter 10~ Liam's Past

Start from the beginning

"Niall is really sorry you know? I heard him crying late last night...I went to check on him and his cheeks were stained and eyes pried shut. I think he cried himself to sleep. The guilt probably eating him alive," Louis said after minutes of silence, trying the change the subject. I had a feeling he knew what I was thinking about. I pursed my lips together thinking of the Irish lad, Lou was right I couldn't blame him but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be scared of him. I was stuck as their blood bag I reminded myself, I couldn't just avoid Niall forever. I don't even think I have the heart to avoid him.

"You know who else is really really really sorry?" Lou asked nudging my side with his elbow. I turned my head to look up at him and simply shook my head. "Liam" he replied pushing a strand of my loose brunette hair behind my ear. I let out a sigh bringing the now cooled tea to my lips to taste the sweet warm liquid sooth my mouth and throat.

"I am sorry" I heard a deep British accent call out from the door frame of Louis' room. I brought my attention to Liam who gave me a humble smile. "I think you two should talk, so I'm going to leave" Lou said sharing eye contact with Liam. I grabbed his hand not wanting him to go. I was so warm and comfortable cuddling next to him, I actually felt like I was safe, which was highly similar to how I felt wrapped in Liam's arms. Lou looked bewildered that I gripped onto his hand. His eyes were wider and his cheeks showed a tint of pink in them. "I'll see you later" he cooed into my ear placing a lingering kiss on my forehead. Now it was my turn to look surprised. Lou walked out of the room patting Liam's back and whispering something into his ear right before he left us alone. The tone of his voice was too low for me to make out the words he spoke to his best mate.

I took another sip of my tea as Liam sat down right beside me. I scooted over increasing the distance between us, still dissatisfied with how he rejected me. "Elle.." He breathlessly spoke grabbing my hand and lacing his fingers with mine. His warm touch brought shivers down my spine. "I am truly deeply sorry for rejecting you" he sternly said, turning his chocolate eyes to stare at my face searching for any hint of emotion. I turned my head to the side feeling his fingertips grip my chin and turn my face to look into his eyes. "Please don't look away" he begged. I puffed out a breathe studying his deep eyes, noticing the sorrow, guilt, fear,and passion in beaded into the color. "Liam you don't have to expla--" I tried saying before I was cut off. "I need to properly tell you why I could not feed from you. I had a good reason and I did not want to risk hurting you" he whispered rubbing his thumb gently on my chin.

Liam's P.O.V

Here I was desperately longing to apologize to Arielle. I needed her to except me again and I had no idea why. My head and mind just wouldn't leave me alone unless I made good terms with her once again. I noticed her single handed grip on her cup of tea tensed. I didn't want her to fear me but I needed to inform her of my past it was the only way she would truly understand why I needed to step down and let her choose Niall to suck her blood.

"Can I tell you about my past?" I uneasily asked her examining her confused facial expression. She just nodded her head to my question looking unable to compose any words. "One time long ago I was a ripper. Any contact with sweet human blood would trigger my craving to suck endless amounts of the scarlet liquid. Although I was in control of when I fed and who was my prey, I would still suck my victims dry to the point of their death," I explained shutting my eyes still being haunted by the many flashbacks and memories I had of my heartless past. I felt a reassuring squeeze of my hand. I think Elle had realized how painful it was to actual confess my ruthless actions, but she looked so pale and frightened of me in this very moment. "You see I was afraid that if I sucked your blood it would awaken that side of me once again. I didn't want...to hurt you Arielle. It is never my intention to bring you harm. And it seems like I did either way. If I had just said yes you wouldn't have nearly died, I feel so awful and defeated and--" "Don't you dare say those things about yourself!" Elle shouted shooting me a glare with her warm gray eyes. "But if I just--" I tried countering just to be cut off again. "No, now I understand why you couldn't drink from my vein. You where on animal blood for so long that you were afraid switching so drastically would trigger another episode of yours. What happened to me is no ones fault, not yours and not Niall's, no ones got it?" She gushed out, keeping an intense stare to my less breathtaking eyes. I nodded my head looking down at my hands until I felt two small arms wrap around my neck causing my balance to tip sending us plummeting backward into the carpeted floor. "And I forgive you" Elle whispered into my ear

I brought my arms around her lower back as her face was buried onto my chest. We just laid there engulfed into each others arms. This is what I adored about Elle, she was so understanding.

Arielle's P.O.V

I had no idea of Liam's rough past, it almost made me regret being mad at him in the first place. However, I was grateful we made up. I listened to the chiming ringtone of my phone indicating I had an incoming call. I rolled off of Liam and quickly answered my phone. "Elle!" Miley's voice greeted over the phone. "Hey, what's up?" I asked turning back to Liam who smiled brightly at me. "Girl's day at the Grill? Meet us there is 30?" She asked. "Yeah sure, sounds good. Why all of a sudden?" I asked suspiciously. "Let the investigation of your doppelgänger begin!" She stated before hanging up her phone. Colton can never keep his mouth shut.

"I have to go Liam, talk to you later" I said walking out of the room. I tip toed back to Harry's noticing the shower was running. I needed to get in and out of there with my shoes as quickly as possible. I ran over to my converse sitting down on the bed while tugging them on and tying them tightly around my feet. "Leaving so soon" a deep husky voice asked. I looked up to find Harry with a towel loosely wrapped around his hips and his dark brunette curls soaking wet. I licked my dry lips turning my attention back to my shoes not wanting to stare at his finely toned chest. "Yeah I need to go take care of something, " I answered feeling the bed shift. Harry was already seated next to me, and was to close for my comfort. His large hand caught my wrist and pulled me onto his lap. I gasped at the contact as his arms pulled me into his bare chest for a tight hug. "Hurry back" he whispered seductively into my ear. I scrunched up my face in disgust receiving a throaty chuckle from him. I pushed him away with the palms of my hands feeling his soft skin under my touch. I gulped down a mouthful of saliva before hopping off his lap and running out of his room. That room was so hot...or was it just me? I shook my head searching for Lou through the living room. "Lou can you drive me home?" I asked once I found him sprawled out on the couch. "I can't right now love, I'm not even dressed. Have Zayn do it" he said with a smile tilting his head to Zayn who was already slipping his denim jacket onto his body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally updated, I feel so bad for not doing this sooner but I have a bit of writer's block at the moment. :( This chapter is kind of a filler and insight on Liam's past but next chapter we will learn about this doppelgänger of Elle's >:)

Thank you so much for the 20 votes last chapter it means so much to me! I love all of you who read this story!<3