Chapter 30 - Prayers

Start from the beginning

"Wear the mask. I don't want anyone to identify us." Vihaan handed her the mask and put on his own.

"Perks of being married to a famous person." Aarohi sarcastically commented as they walked inside.

They walked through different areas of the fort, exploring and enjoying the view. It wasn't the first time they were visiting the place considering that both were born and brought up in Mumbai but if definitely was their first time together and it was special. Aarohi was clicking pictures of her surroundings constantly with the excitement of a small kid and Vihaan's eyes couldn't help but follow her every move since that seemed much more beautiful and fascinating than the place they had come to. Aarohi had removed her mask noticing that there weren't much people around them. Vihaan took out his phone and clicked some of her candids unknown to her. While she was busy capturing the sights, he was busy capturing her.

Vihaan turned away when she focussed the camera on him.

Aarohi frowned. "Look here. I wanna click you." She demanded.

"What am I? Your personal model?" He mocked still not facing her.

"Oh! So you'll just pose for magazines and covers where you can gain profits?" She taunted back. "Stop being shy and turn around!"

"I won't and there are people around." Vihaan said weakly.

"Oh shut up. There's no one here except we two at the moment."

When he still didn't turn, Aarohi again called out softly. "Vihaan? Please?"

How could he even deny that voice? The power she held over him was unimaginable. She could break his walls, mend his decisions, enter his forbidden territory and he would let her do all of that without much hesitance.

"What do I've to do?" He enquired defeatedly after turning around.

Aarohi smiled at him. "Nothing. Let's go."

Vihaan held her wrist when she was about to walk past him. "What?" He asked in confusion.

"Your face," she pointed at it, "it tells me that you don't wanna do it yet you agreed and that itself means a lot. I don't want to force you do something because you don't want to." Aarohi answered calmly removing the small fragment of feather that had stuck in his hair.

Vihaan's features softened as he looked at her tenderly. "I can never understand what goes in this head of yours," he whispered and flicked her forehead making her blink. "But a selfie never goes out of fashion," he chirped interlinking their arms and Aarohi giggled at that.

They took a few selfies making wierd faces where Vihaan let his goofy side take over. They clicked a picture where they both took a small part of Aarohi's hair and held it above their lips as a moustache. They even clicked individual pictures of each other where Aarohi was posing in her crazy self and Vihaan in his usual sophisticated, suave style. They laughed, they teased, they admired and they appreciated the time where they were having absolute fun.

"You seem to be quite passionate about photography," Vihaan said as they walked together.

"I am," Aarohi agreed. "I love to seize the moments permanently with the help of a camera. It feels like old days when you weren't burdened with any responsibilities or stress and were enjoying yourself with your closed ones." She took in a deep breath looking at the view of the sea in front of her.

"I see." Vihaan turned around crossing his arms against his chest and resting his back against the stone wall as he stood cross legged.

They stood in silence absorbing the tranquility of the moment, letting the winds caress them gently, the sounds of water ripples having a soothing impact and the mere presence of their partner beside them made everything ten times more beautiful and comforting.