Chapter 1 - Job Hunting

Author's Note

Hey! I'm back!

Deleted the old AN but I made a major editing in this chapter and probably all of the chapters of this story. So it is better to read it again to lessen your confusion! I hope you are having a good day! Please support The Billionaire, give it lots of love!

Scar xx

--

Rose Standford's POV

What a hot day here in New York. You can see the sweat coming out of my sleeves. Shit the bloody sweat will scare the employers. Jeez this will not help! I used my hand to fan my reddish face and trying my best to cool it down.

I've been looking for a job here in Manhattan for how many months now! Not even a single company called. How cool is that? Psh. Why am I even complaining? This is part of life. Not everything is being served in a silver platter. This is what you call 'adulting'. I'm just desperate for a job to help me pay my bills and food to eat. It's so hard to be independent; you just have yourself.

Okay, here's a little throwback. I have a secretarial job way back then. I decided to quit that job because damn my colleagues and MY BOSS are perverts. The environment of our work is toxic. The salary they gave me is quite big for a secretary but surrounding myself with some idiots, makes me want to poke my 4-inched heels in their eyeballs.

Right now, I'm at a hotdog stand eating hotdogs, obviously, having a small break. It's so crowded right now. I was about to bite the last bit of my hotdog when suddenly someone bumped into me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, you fool." I exclaimed.

He just gave me a middle finger. Great! I went back to my hotdog and it was suddenly gone. I looked down and there he is covered with dirt. Nice! I was about to pick up when there's a flyer beside the hotdog stand and it says "Need a job?". I immediately grab it before it drifts away.

It says here that they're looking for a secretary. COULD THIS BE? THE LORD HEARD MY PRAYERS! They urgently need a secretary. I took the contact number of the hotel company and called them.

I grabbed phone and silently wishing that the mobile company didn't cut my line yet. I dialed the number that is mentioned in the flyer and after a few rings later, someone finally answered.

"Hello! Thank you for calling Wilstar Hotel Corporation. This is Kate speaking, how can I help you?" The receiver said.

"Hi! This is Rose Standford. Uhmm... I saw your job wanted sign and your company is looking for a secretary. I'm just wondering if that slot is still available?" I asked, keeping my fingers crossed.

"Fortunately, it's still is. Are you the one planning in applying for the job?"

"Yes, Ma'am." I said.

"Okay, Ms. Standford. Please do be here tomorrow at the company about 10 o clock sharp for an interview. Don't be late; the CEO is strict about punctuality. And here's the list of everything that you will need for the interview..."

I immediately grab my little notepad and pen from my bag almost spilling all of my things. I then list down all the information that I need to know for the interview. Wow the receptionist is friendly. They have a great employee here! They might have a good working environment!

"Thank you so much for the information, Ma'am Kate!" I said.

"You're welcome, Ms. Standford." Then she ended the call.

Phew! Finally some improvements!

Damn I forgot to introduce myself. Since this is Wattpad, I have a strange way of introducing myself. Hi! My name is Rose Standford. I'm 22 years old. Currently broke and struggling with life but I'm trying my best to keep up with life. Wondering why I'm having a rough time applying for a job? Well, my resume is not that good. It's because I'm a high school graduate. That's why not all jobs are applicable for me! Although, my grandma helped me apply for a secretarial training- something like that.

I walked to the bus station and waiting for my bus to arrive. I texted Seth that I finally found a job application and have an interview tomorrow.