Chapter 84: The Goblet of Fire

Start from the beginning

Wow, Loki really does not like Karkaroff, Danny said through our bond.

I know, I wonder why he doesn't like him. How long until he pulls the old snake trick on him? I replied, referring to the trick that Loki used to play on Thor when they were kids where he would turn into a snake and wait for Thor to pick him up so he could stab him.

You know, I love my uncle dearly but he really has a problem with stabbing people who annoy him.

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman, ghosts and most importantly, guests," Dumbledore announced the hall, making the entire hall fall silent. "I have the great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable. The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feat. I now invite you to eat, drink and make yourselves at home."

As soon as Dumbledore finished his welcome speech, the golden plates in front of everyone filled with food. But unlike the previous feasts, there were foods from both France and Russian. Skipping the snails that were in front of me and went straight for the mashed potatoes.

"Okay, what is that?" Henry asked pointing towards a soup.

"Ukha, it's a fish soup with a clear broth," I said as I added beef stroganoff to my plate as everyone stared at me. "What? Nat put it in the fridge in a Tupperware container with chicken soup written on it to get Clint for always eating her food."

"So, they can put out Russian fish soup but apparently putting out apple pie will kill them," Danny complained as he pushed the ukha away from him.

"I know, I miss real apple pie," I said agreeing with him.

"Um, excuse me. Vould you mind if I sit 'ere with you," a voice with a heavy Bulgarian accent asked us.

I looked up to see the one and only Viktor Krum standing behind Cedric and me.

"Yeah, of course! Sit down," I said pushing Cedric who had seemed to have frozen to his seat up so that Viktor could sit down.

"Thank you, the boy I vas sitting next to vas quite annoying," he said, pointing over to a pouting Malfoy.

"Malfoy is known for being annoying," I laughed.

"Vell, he is living up to his reputation," Viktor said, laughing with me. "I am sorry, I 'ave not introduced myself. I am Viktor Krum."

"Elsa Rogers," I said shaking his outstretched hand and seeing that all of my friends were too star struck to say anything, I introduced them to Viktor. "And this is my boyfriend, Cedric Diggory, my cousin Danny Odinson and my friends Hamish McLaggen, Maggie Finnegan and Henry Chang."

"It is very nice to meet all of you. I hope you don't mind me asking but are you American?" he asked, not wanting to sound rude.

"Yeah, I am and so is Danny. We were accepted in to Hogwarts because of our Norwegian heritage. Apparently, that's were our magic comes from and our friend Cassy Stark who's in Gryffindor came here with us instead of Ilvermorny," I said pointing over to Cassy who was sitting with the twins and Lee, laughing about something.

"Vell, it is very nice that Hogwarts accepts students from all over the vorld. Durmstrang isn't as accepting," Viktor told us.

I could see that all of my friends wanted to join in the conversation, so I kicked Danny under the table while I elbowed Cedric to make them come out of the star struck haze. Thankfully, it seemed to work because Cedric was the first to find his voice.

"So, they won't accept anyone in who isn't from Eastern Europe? And what about the girls who are witches? Do they have their own school or something?"